Year

Day

Time

20:50:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 6 Day 160 4:49
how long is the length a person can stay arrested?
I have a member who has been incarcerated for a long time. his name is John Stuart. he was arrested by Brigadier General Joshua Chamberlain. im not certain how long ago but it was at least 2 months ago. im not sure what ship he is on either. if any help would be appreciated.

Al
Year 6 Day 160 5:55
a character can be arrested for eternity. however. If a character has been arrested for longer then 3 weeks he can request to "abandon" his character, making it a NPC and create a new one. Basically, can choose to be killed off, with the excemption that his old character still exists in the game as a arrested NPC.

that is if I remember it right.

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 160 10:58
Actually, I believe that the 3 week arrest length currently allows you to petition the Admin for release. Same as being trapped aboard a ship.

Could be wrong, though.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 160 12:14
I think you're supposed to get NPCed, however characters are released and teleported away presently.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 160 16:12
ok well i know he has been arrested for longer than that. his name is John Stuart. i dont know his location. how can i get him released? ive contacted the guy who arrested him but no response yet from him. thanks for your help.

Al
Year 6 Day 160 16:15
He really should be the one posting here to request release or what not then.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 160 20:31
yup, currently they are just being teleported off to the nearest planet after three weeks. The last one I did I provided an NPC. Get Stuart to post here and 'll get the opinion of the other admins on changing the policy to replacing character with NPC and killing the character, who can they instantly recreate.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 160 21:40
If they're NPCed, will they be free/independant NPCs or will they be "owned" by the group that captured them? Because, personally, if I capture someone, I'd like to shove them into a prison... So they actually have a purpose.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 160 22:41
would say owned by the character/faction that has you arrested.

should also always be like that if you ask me, that is after 3 weeks you can choose to have your character dropped and re-create. maybe make a small nice button for it? That way people can choose if they want to wait longer for the chance of being released and later rescued.

also, if they can re-create instantly, maybe change it to 4 weeks instead of 3? this since I think some parts of the time you been arrested should not count towards the standard 3 week re-creation time.

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 160 23:38
Shouldn't we have some form of option to ESCAPE before we think about dropping characters over the 3-week limit?

Or even a way to RESIST arrest in the first place? I'd hate to be arrested because I was on the surface of a planet while I had to go to sleep/work/school, and come back to no option but dropping my character 3 weeks later because the bastard that arrested me won't decide to either let me go or kill me...

It'd be worse than being dead over that stupid OOF AE feature!

If someone hasn't decided to kill you after 3 weeks, automatic release and teleporting is currently the fairest option. When the characters themselves can do something about it (preferably with risk involved), then I'll support the NPC option.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 6 Day 161 4:33
yeh, they'll be owned by the whoever was holding the character.

programming in a button is on the 2005 targets, this and the teleporting has just been a stop gap until that is done.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 161 5:38
ofcourse it would be nice with ways to escape and to resists, but they are a bit away at the moment.

and there could be reasons why to keep someone arrested for more then 3 weeks, RP reasons, following faction/goverment laws and so on.

horbanner.gif
Year 6 Day 161 10:59
Losing players as a result of factions keeping them arrested for extraordinary periods of time is unacceptable. I do disagree that players should only have the option to drop their characters at this time, since it isn't their fault the escape/resist options are not yet implemented.

Until they are, teleporting seems to be the most fair way to go about doing this. Once escape/resist are available, teleporting should be replaced by dropping the character.

swcforumsig

Year 6 Day 163 20:30
John Stuart

Hi. I'm here, i decide to "abandon" my character and restart,but how i can request to "abandon" my character?

Year 6 Day 163 20:44
They don't really offer that presently... Most likely need to be arrest/executed

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 163 21:10
thats the bloke from the original post Wil.

Send me a mail at khan@swcombine.com, John

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 163 21:29
I thought a Kel Dor char asked about it... Bleh.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 163 23:17
He was asking about a member of his. (: Presumably this guy.

swcforumsig

Year 6 Day 164 4:19
yes Ms. Syn this is the guy I was taking about.

Al
Year 6 Day 176 19:08
Has John contacted you Khan?

Al
Page 1 2