242 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:45:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Being threatened (in game as well as out)
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me figure out how to solve a problem I have.

Rather a problem someone has with me. I'm a smalltime freelance trader who is trying to make an honest living like most of us.

Last night I offered my services to an individual who apparently is a big shot in this game. Instead of politely turning down my offer he had one of his cronies DM with threats to back off and to never again talk to his boss I he would have me liquidated.

I am upset about this to the point that I feel threatened and uncomfortable playing this game. All he could of said was thanks for the offer but no. Instead I get death threats.

Am I taking things too seriously or am I justified? I just want to be able to play without feeling like this.

If my character does get killed I will release the name of the accused and I will come back again and again as different characters until justice has been served according to all legal means necessary. This person will not want to play this game anymore after I'm through with them but only if I get killed. Keeping it legal here folks.

Is it possible that the reaction given was an IC (In character) thing? After all we are pretending to be playing Star Wars here and the person you spoke to may have felt the desire to play a tough guy. With that his reaction would be an in-game thing and should not be considered offensive outside the game.

After all, one would hardly expect Darth Vader to politely tell a rebel that he is not interested in his services.

But again, I may be wrong. It has happened before.

[img]http://id.swc-tradefederation.org/hober_mallow_sig.png[/img]
Yke hyon fhars oblivyn cnous oblivyn.
Kirit Hin`Kirl

So where's the OOC threat?
You make someone an offer, they dislike it and threaten to kill you. (all IC so far, I'm assuming they didn't threaten to liquidate you OOC, that would be silly)

And you state here that you'll keep coming back with different characters until they stop playing? Sounds like you're taking it OOC. (unless I'm totally reading this wrong)

Yes I am taking OOC. I feel really bad about this. It took me two hard years of playing this game to be in a position to buy my first ship with credits, not with a RL cash donation or with CP but with in game credits.

I'm just trying to play nice. But maybe you're right. Maybe they are acting IC. I can't tell right now though because I am in a blind rage at the moment. I have to calm down a little before I continue.

Anyway I do hope you are all correct about roleplaying and being IC. If that is all it is then hey I can roleplay too. Only my character is not a meanie. He's supposed to be a nice guy. I just wish it was clear that's all.

Yang out...

Chise Ekando

Why are you taking IC into OOC? Heck, it's only a game, give me a break.

src

My friends want me to raid
But I don't want to
So I make up a really bad excuse:
I got a squirrel
In my washing machine
Yes you're right, and it turns out that the whole matter was just a simple misunderstanding in which I got in the way. All parties have made their peace. I'm glad too because I was hurt for a while. I know it's just a game but I'm not the kind of person who deals with death threats with humor, even though it was just role play.

The bottom line is that the dialogue was continued and peace was made.

Chise Ekando

Hint: always try to talk it out, much better solution

src

My friends want me to raid
But I don't want to
So I make up a really bad excuse:
I got a squirrel
In my washing machine