Year

Day

Time

17:02:08

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 337 15:56
Matheteis Eimi

I am new here. Are there any helps or lists on where to buy things or things to see or do while in the game? I walked around Tatooine and found a little bit, but I know there has got to be some more places to buy things. I'm walking around the desert thinking that there must be a better way. Right now, my purpose in the game is a little fuzzy.

By the way, whoever put this together did an amazing job. This "universe" is huge! (and must have more time thatn I ever will!)

Great job! Whatever "overall de-confusion" information anyone can give would be appreciated.

Matheteis Eimi

Photobucket
Year 7 Day 337 16:45
Check The Guide (linked over there at top right)
Read the Rules
Join a faction.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 337 20:58
Matheteis Eimi

Quite frankly, I've been reviewing those. What is a Commercial Centre facility or a Trading Station (1 or 2), or Centrepoint Space Station? Does Tatooine have any of these? I couldn't find anything. Specifically how does the market work? The forums had trading/buying. Is this the best way to get items? This game has no weapons or gear? Is it only ships and vehicles?

I also found a lot of information about lots of things I really can't do until I get the basics (ship owning, city creation, arresting, spying. space navigation). I'm primarily looking for lists (items, locations. etc) or helps, not simply directions. I've been referencing them often. Just trying to get this game going..

However, thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

Edited By: Matheteis Eimi on Year 7 Day 337 21:11

Photobucket
Year 7 Day 338 1:45
Ralgarrch

Commerce centre's are a facility, I think there's an NPC one in the starting city of each home planet but I could be mistaken. Trading stations you have to be able to get into space for and get to one that allows the public to use it (as there all privately owned). Centerpoint is a unique station that is privately owned, I believe they may buy for you but not allow you onboard.

All allow you access to the NPC market, where you can buy a very limited selection of entities, mainly a few ships and vehicles. The further away from the entity you are the more expensive it is. As a new player you will be able to afford nothing so don't worry about this for now.

Also in commerce centres (I think, might be an other shop like facility but i'm pretty sure it's commerce centres) theres an NPC you can talk to to buy very basic items you don't need but can probably afford.

Otherwise you have to buy directly from players by looking at the trading boards, joining the trading channels on IRC, the player run market web sites (centerpoint's faction page leads to one of them) or by contacting the factions that produce what you want. On the rules page the words "affiliated to" mean those factions have the datacards to produce those entities. By visiting the faction's web site you should be able to see if there selling, at what price and contact details. Theres also a list in the traders lounge of the rpg centre.

However you will be able to afford bugger all upon starting, join a faction and they will pick you up, teach you the basics, answer any questions and provide you with all you need as time goes by. Initially that will probably be a ship as items aren't fully implemented yet. You won't own it, but you can use it. The faction will also pay you so you can save up and buy you're own stuff.

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 338 1:48
Matheteis Eimi

Awesome. That helps! Thank you much.

Matheteis Eimi

Photobucket
Year 7 Day 338 2:46
To clear the Shop/Commerce Centre confusion:

Shops are NPC-owned facilities that contain an NPC inside which sells basic items (some clothing/storage items and a few basic weapons iirc). They should always be open to all and every race starting city should have one.

Commerce Centres are private/faction owned facilities that allow you to access the NPC market. From there you can buy any ship/vehicle/station/facility/raw material listed on the NPC market, however it doesn't move any of those to your current location, so best would be to buy one close by if you want to use it. Same goes for Trading stations and Centrepoint Station (which is - as Ralgarrch said - closed to the public).

I created a list of public commerce centres and trading stations a while ago in the Traders Lounge on the RPG Centre, it might still be there on page two or so, otherwise feel free to contact me for the list.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 338 17:54
A list of (most) Shops in SWC can be found here: http://www.swcombine.com/members/items/storeLocations.htm

Weapons and items were only recently introduced with Production, so they're slowly making their way onto the market. Ships and vehicles have been available much longer, so are generally quite prolific.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 339 10:45
Matheteis Eimi

Ok great. Thanks for all the information everyone. That helps a lot. It's getting clearer.

matheteis

Photobucket