159 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:38:09

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 348 14:41
Nothing on the rules pages, haven't seen any forum topics about it, now I have to ask...

Is there, at the current time, any way to free players/NPCs that have been arrested?

I own an arrested NPC, a friend has one and I just found one of my new recruits has been arrested. I was going to pick him up today, but I don't think I can do anything with him in his current state.

Year 7 Day 348 16:06
I dont think we will see any way to free an arrested PC or NPC until combat is released.

It isn't who you are,but what you do,that defines you.

People have called me a Beast,and yet all Beasts know some degree of pity.I know none,so therefore,I am no Beast.
Year 7 Day 348 16:21
That's what I figured as well, but I thought I'd ask and see what someone said.

Year 7 Day 349 2:38
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
Only the arresting side can do anything about it.

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 351 10:54
Sylis Farani
Sylis Farani
Just to play devil's advocate here, what would happen if a PC was arrested, then the arrester was banned/went inactive/killed?

Year 7 Day 351 11:32
For a PC ... Anyone with A/E privs in the arrester's faction has the option of releasing him/her, I believe.

Edited By: T`losk on Year 7 Day 351 11:33

\"There comes a time in every man\'s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel o
Year 7 Day 351 11:52
What if the arresting faction is dissolved?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 351 12:08
Trent Hackworth
Trent Hackworth
WvI i would Assume that the arrested party would stay arrested. May be wrong though.

Year 7 Day 351 12:12
Sylis Farani
Sylis Farani
Either way if that is the case that seems to make little sense IC. The person who arrested you falls dead in the cockpit of a fatal heart attack so his co-workers can just come by at their leisure and pick you up?

But then this is probably a rarely, if ever encountered situation.

Year 7 Day 351 14:46
Jesfa Ackmin
Jesfa Ackmin
Errr.

Policeman A. Arrests you.
Arrested Person is saved
Policeman A never unarrests
Rescuer should be able to unarrest...right?

I mean, how is the policeman holding you now, the rescuer would be able to free you.

Year 7 Day 352 22:29
What if Person A arrests Person B,and then along comes Person C to arrest Person A ?Do both person A and B become the arrested members of Person C or is Person B automatically considered free?

Considering IC theoretically Person A is arrested,he doesnt have the ability to unarrest Person B considering the rules pertaining to actions once under arrest.And yet realistically,OOC,he wouldnt be able to retain his arrest over Person B once he himself were arrested.

Somewhat of a similar scenario could be assumed once combat was released.Person A arrests Person B,and along comes Person C to kill Person A.Does Person B become the arrested member of Person C at this point or is he considered free?

As for arresting parties going inactive/banned/killed by mysterious forces not connected with direct combat,I think the arrested person should have the ability to petition for his own release if his arrestor was not connected to any faction,or he becomes the arrested property of the local faction/GG.If after 3 weeks no one takes possession of the arrested individual,then he should automatically be considered released in the event his arrestor does not respond or logs in from being inactive/banned/killed.

Edited By: Glaeken Trismegestus on Year 7 Day 352 22:34

People have called me a Beast,and yet all Beasts know some degree of pity.I know none,so therefore,I am no Beast.
Year 7 Day 353 2:48
Ralgarrch
Ralgarrch
I expect that what shouldn't happen is indeed what does happen and that only an admin can fix it when the situation arises.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 7 Day 353 2:54

Ral.png
Year 7 Day 353 7:50
Actually, I'd like an official answer. What if someone is arrested by a faction and that faction dissolves prior to release?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 7 Day 353 16:55
In my opinion WvI,the arrested person should then become the "Property" of the person who arrested them rather than the faction who originally gave the arrest order.Common sense should prevail on this matter in that if an arrested individual was say onboard a ship,bound for a factions HQ,and the faction dissolves,the person would obviously still be under arrest by the person who made the collar.More focus should actually be placed on the fate the arrested person if the person who made the arrest becomes inactive.If a faction sanctioned the arrest then yes the arrested person becomes the property of that faction,yet if the arrest was made by a freelancer working for a private party,and that freelancer becomes inactive,then the arrested person should have the ability to petition for his release if it reaches the 3 week mark.

Year 7 Day 353 17:13
opinion != official answer

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 353 21:51
What Syn said. >_>

Besides, don't the admins already give you the option to drop the character and make a new one after three weeks of being arrested, with the previous PC becoming a NPC?

If all else fails.... >_>

\"There comes a time in every man\'s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel o
Year 7 Day 353 22:58
I believe they do but some players should not have to recreate due to another's incompitance or disinterest.If someone were to simply lose interest and they become inactive while holding another prisoner,then the arrested person should not placed in a "limbo" because of their jailer.