181 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:42:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 39 1:36
Hi I've been trying to register first using hotmail (but understand this doesn't work) then using another address. The second address was accepted by the system but I then got this message as a reply:

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your e-mail address was not accepted because it appears to be from a private domain. We require private domains to use admin@ or webmaster@ as proof of ownership and to prevent more than one account from that domain being signed up. Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at http://rules.swcombine.com/character/charactercreation/ for more information.

The address was not a private domain it was my ISPs name it was ????@fireflyuk.net

Can someone help or shall I just give up due to over complex rules ?!?!?!

Cheers

Pants

Year 8 Day 39 2:30
That e-mail address should be fine; it was probably mistakenly declined since all accounts are approved manually. The best advice I can give you is to try again and hope the admin accepting join requests looks at it more closely. I will try to keep an eye out for it so I can approve it myself before it is declined by someone else, as well.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 40 7:12
Super duper got my response today ....

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match our current rules requirements. It was turned down because it either contains numbers/special characters or it doesn't sound like a name (ie: Red Wolf). Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at http://rules.swcombine.com/character/charactercreation/ for more information.

My Chosen name was

Pants McCloud ......

Is this game really worth all of the hassle please tell me it is ?? or Is it just really elitist or is there another reason for all of the hoop jumping.

2 things on this firstly surely that name should be acceptable Pants is my nickname in the real world and McCloud surely is a valid surname,
/
Secondly surely there has got to be a better way of approving things like name changes rather than filling in the form again ... waiting another day etc etc etc

Year 8 Day 40 11:03
"This droid says he's the property of Pants Kenobi."
"Arise, Pants Vader."
"I'm Pants Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you!"
"I'm Pants-3PO, human-cyborg relations."

Maybe it's just me, but I really can't see "Pants" as a valid name in the Star Wars universe. And that's what you're supposed to be choosing here - it's not a login name for a board system, or some nickname to be tied to your account. It's your actual character's name. If you die, you have to choose another one.

We try to keep things as much in the roleplay spirit as we can around here, from the messages you receive about construction (funds going to local authorities, tax elements going to the controlling faction, etc) to the names of the players. If you ran into someone called "DarthV4der352" it wouldn't exactly make you feel like you were in the Star Wars galaxy. While not as bad as that, Pants falls under the same concept - it's not actually a name.

If that sounds like the kind of game you'll enjoy, and can take the time to get used to, then the "hoops" are worth jumping through. However, if you require instant gratification and don't care so much about RP immersion, then the game's time delays and incomplete state will probably bore you senseless fairly quickly.

That's about the best advice I can give you on whether to persevere or give up. Obviously, many of us enjoy the game and have played it for a long time. Many others, though, abandon it in their first few days.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 40 14:13
As an avid Star Wars fan and an avid RPG player and on-line gamer I'm sure that its the sort of thing I'd get into but....

The last comment has just about sealed it for me, have you not noticed the daft first names in the star wars universe how the hell is Pants any different ... some examples

these are from the first couple of forum pages (let alone actual daft star wars names)

Dred
Tuskus
Tidus
Ekoo

is it that these are meaningless where pants is in affect a noun....

just wondering because I'm going to have one last attempt at signing up and want to get it right ?????

is John or Bob or Frank or Fred ok or are they too normal

Cheers

Pants ;o)

Year 8 Day 40 19:08
Names that are "too normal" are fine. Names that are just words for existing objects generally are not. "Pants" is not a name; it is an item you wear on your legs (or not, as the case may be). Dred, Tuskus, Tidus, and Ekoo are all valid (Tidus is, in fact, a Final Fantasy character's name) as they are not existing nouns. All of the handle rules can be reviewed at further depth on the Character Creation page, linked in the e-mail you received, which includes examples of valid and invalid handles.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 41 10:11
No problem right I''ve tried one last time

using accepted email address and the name of Frank McCloud ......... 24hours again .... tick tock tick tock :0)

Year 8 Day 41 14:16
Patience is a prerequisite for the Combine.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 41 18:59
Xavze Zavan

Indeed.

..and handle acceptance is a tad...um..inconsistent.Took me numerous tries.

I notice a Ductape Agl was accepted as a handle..go figure o.O

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
Year 8 Day 41 19:27
Yeah, some are more strict/less sloppy than others, so it depends on who you get.

When your complaint is that a handle you thought was okay is declined, it was probably me.

When your complaint is that a handle you thought wasn't okay is approved, it's typically not.

swcforumsig