Year

Day

Time

04:28:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 81 2:53
Ok heres the problem.

By accident a friend of mine and I met IG earlier. He's on my IFF list as a friend and I use my own IFF list and not the factions. On the scanner though he was listed as neutral (purple image). Shouldn't he be listed as a friend?

Grand Admiral Grev'endar'togl
Empire of the Hand
5th House of the Chiss Ascendancy
Year 8 Day 81 19:16
Who owns the ship your mate was on? IFF works on the basis of who owns the entity, it has no idea of the pilot or commander except in a limited sense when you or your faction have some link to the entity.

Kids these days!
Year 8 Day 82 2:10
wasnt a ship. We were in the same room of the same facility. The fac is owned and managed by me and operated by him.

Grand Admiral Grev'endar'togl
Empire of the Hand
5th House of the Chiss Ascendancy
Year 8 Day 82 18:56
Ahh, your characters met face to face?

IFF only works with electronic sensors (ie: those in ships, vehicles, etc) and on the owners of entities, not on organic entities (PCs, NPCs, Creatures). The only exception to this is PCs and NPCs within the same faction, they'll display as friends. In future it'll likely be possible to use items to gain the benefits of electronic scanners when out and about on foot.

See Section 1.3 and onwards for more information: http://rules.swcombine.com/general/scanning/

Kids these days!