02:13:03

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Where in the spying rules...
Page 1 2 3 4 5
Year 8 Day 119 8:35
Xodus Pingvellir

Hey, rules team leader, planning to announce the rules change on the Sim News any time soon? Generally the community needs notification of rules changes that can result in bans.

- Syn

You'd think that's the obvious thing to do as soon as the rule is officially changed, wouldn't you?

Year 8 Day 119 8:52
IF the Rules Team Director was actually the one in charge of MAKING and APPROVING rules, this would be a fair comment to make.

However, there are far too many people - from the SimMaster to the Assistants, to the individual coders - creating and implementing rules without input from anyone else for the Rules Team Director to be in any way responsible for any given rule.

Whoever was responsible for determining the rule is the person who should have been responsible for announcing it. I got the impression Tyr was as surprised to see this rule as the rest of us.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 119 12:33
Xodus Pingvellir

Then perhaps Tyr should have a place where people post things such as that so he can announce them each week.

Year 8 Day 119 13:18
Or perhaps everything has to go through the Rules Director/Rules Team first no matter if it's an ASim or the SimMaster himself. If it's an urgent matter, it can be used like a "patch" and then reviewed and removed/refined/replaced by the Rules Team when possible.

It stops the chaos and certainly will limit these seeming acts of favoritism from popping up so damned often.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 8 Day 119 13:19
Great idea ... only one problem with that. If certain people are going to change rules without announcing, what's going to make them post in this place Tyr sets up? Doesn't solve anything ... we just need people who will actually go through the proper chain of command (pass rule onto Tyr/rules team for approval *before* passing judgement and changing the rules)

Edit:
Beat me to it, WvI :)

Edited By: Gawayne on Year 8 Day 119 13:20
Year 8 Day 119 15:49
Or perhaps everything has to go through the Rules Director/Rules Team first no matter if it's an ASim or the SimMaster himself 

Convince Veynom.

There was a quote floating around at some point about the Rules Team being advisory, and nothing more. It is frequently accurate.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 8 Day 119 16:19
Tyr Tulon

This may be an odd question, but as far as precedent and everything goes, back during the Red Senerios, did anyone ever pretend to be arrested or capture or anything like that, and/or did anyone ever pretend to be a member of a faction other than the one they actually are a member of, whether by stealing a uniform or a ship or whatever? If so, isn't that essentially what happened here?

There's always been the rule about not impersonating people (as long as I can remember at least), so when did pretending to be in a different faction become impersonating another person?

Year 8 Day 119 16:23
I've even stopped checking the rules team stuff (mostly cause they moved it to the dev server and I don't need to be bothered to logout here, login there, then check messages and contribute to something that is 90% certain to get ignored, and 99% of the other 10% that doesn't get ignored gets thrown out...)

Year 8 Day 119 17:02
If the Rules Director is unaware of rules changes (regardless of who originally suggests/implements them), there is an even bigger problem. heh.

swcforumsig

Year 8 Day 119 17:59

I echo Syn's last post. That's an extremely worrying issue, and one that should be corrected.

\"There comes a time in every man\'s education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel o
Year 8 Day 119 18:35
Year 8 Day 120 7:51
Then perhaps Tyr should have a place where people post things such as that so he can announce them each week. 

we do, its called weekly digest and usually posted on simnews on fridays or saturdays and has been posted there for atleast a few months now.

horbanner.gif
Year 8 Day 120 12:22
Like I told Tyr, I simply forgot to include this in my own digest. It was not deliberately unannounced or hidden.

I will talk with Dreighton to see if we can align Xior and Oilios punishment one way or another. We agreed they both broke the same rule so they should get the same punition.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 8 Day 120 14:59
Guest/Visitor

How about my problem finally be revised? I broke no said rule, and as for the Golden Rule, I did not break it.

Solution: Check the database to when i first respawned Veynom..

Year 8 Day 120 15:00
Guest/Visitor

^ -Rav Isaar*

Year 8 Day 120 20:29
Oilios Katastrefor

Except one of us was given the okay by an asim (selatos). (i also checked with kyle, whose judgement has to be valid enough given you let him be an asim before)

Year 8 Day 120 20:57
Oilios Katastrefor

On a side note, I would like to thank Veynom for correctly spelling my name.

Year 8 Day 121 0:51
Zero Turner

-update?

Zero-sig.jpg

Year 8 Day 121 1:22
Update:
XIor unbanned and 500 CPs removed from his account.
Oilios lost 500 CPs as well and the character he arrested using this trick was unarrested and moved back.

See Sim News.

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 8 Day 121 6:26
Squall Tigroe

If you're not allowed to make yourself out to be something other than what you are, you basically have to ban all thieves for stealing, as they gave the victim the impression they would pay. The rule is, therefore, completely idiotic.

Ban1337.gif

To clearly see the nature of the game is to be liberated from it.
Page 1 2 3 4 5