ok, hello everybody. im new in this game and i could need some advice.
im on cruscant in the city of Saigetopia. i left the visitors center and now wandering a little bit in the city. i meet one npc, but he doesnt speak basic, so i cant understand him
1. when i travel with speed 8, it takes me half an hour to go to one(!) corner. is there a way to make this faster somehow?
2. How can i earn money? are there any kind of quests or other possibilites to earn some money?
3. is there any tutorial or something like that (ingame or seperate)
4. can someone give me the link to the rules page, where all the topics like communication, characters etc are listed. i have some problems finding it.
6. As my charcter template, i did choose "correlian smuggler".
Will i be really able to smuggle things later in the game and to make my living with this work?
1. If there is a speeder rental NPC in your city, you can rent a speeder from him for about 1025 credits. Travel by speeder is a lot faster than walking. Even faster is a ship, which you should get assigned to you once you've joined a faction. (:
2. NPC quests are currently being reviewed and will hopefully be implemented in the near future. Meanwhile, the most reliable way to earn money is to join a faction which pays a monthly salary (most do). You should look at the Jobs Available section of the Classifieds for this (right menu), or the Positions Available forum in the RPG Centre (link up above^), where loads of recruiters post their faction benefits.
3. The rules pages are the only official "tutorial" to speak of at this time, but a few kind players have created tutorials of their own. Try Asarya's: http://swcguide.starwarsdatalink.com
4. http://rules.swcombine.com or you can use the Technical link at the wayyy top right. ^
6. Eventually, smuggling will be possible, but at this time it is not yet implemented, so you might as well look around and try out various factions until you find something you like. There are some pretty decent pirate and merc groups if you're interested in that sort of thing. Otherwise, there are upstanding governments, producers, and security companies which would be happy to hire you as well.
5. Join a faction! In case my constant references to that hadn't tipped you off. (: That's basically where the majority of the game is centered around at this time. You'll receive salary, a ship to use, transport to said ship, work to do, and will meet a lot of interesting new people.
the NPC you're after will be called 'Vehicle Rental'. Going solely off memory I think the Saigetopia Vehicle Renter is somewhere in the south eastern corner of the city, don't hold me to that though. An easy way to find out would be to go to Position > Scanners and search through there for the NPC called 'Vehicle Rental'.
You may use the vehicle for as long as you are on the planet.