Year

Day

Time

05:23:50

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 8 Day 196 8:43
Wes Reed

Hi, I was hired by Kuro Neko to pick up some items for him. I had all his stuff, but when I went onboard his ship I dropped them. They were then gone. Is this a bug or something that happens when I don't own the thing its in? Has anyone else experienced this?

Year 8 Day 196 14:39
Vega Hett

I've had this problem also. I'm sure it was the 10 or 12th of this month I was on Vandelhelm in my YT-510 picking up items for a friend. I dropped my bowcaster from my back onto the floor of the room of the YT-510, which acts as both Entry/Exit and Cockpit. When I refreshed the page, I found nothing. Being in a rush I dismissed it and got the items. After checking my other ships a few days later in case I'd made some mistake, I come to you now with the same Bug problem as Wes.

Year 8 Day 196 20:32
Jeb`el Ras

We've had similar issues .. but with as many items as we move in a day, it's possible to make mistakes (Did I move that stuff? Did I have 28 tracking devices here or only 27?) so we've dismissed it as human error ... on the other hand, we've had people swear up and down items aren't in a silo, and someone else goes and looks .. and there they are.

I've heard other people mention disappearing items, but nobody seems to really be sure ...

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
Year 8 Day 196 23:11
Phryss

Kyle has been investigating this issue, but has been unable to reproduce the problem. It might help if people provided as many specifics [who, what, when, where] as possible.

Edited By: Phryss on Year 8 Day 196 23:12

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 8 Day 197 3:19
Kyle Rainer

If you got any errors during the process, what they were exactly would be helpful. When you got the errors? How etc would also be helpful.

If you didn't get any errors and the item is just gone, then what where you doing? Was anything different aobut this item(s). Who did it? Are you sure it is gone? IDs of where you were when this happened all are helpful.

In most cases I've seen where the item "disappeared" it is actually in the ship/vehicle/facility rather than in a room in one.

Edited By: Kyle Rainer on Year 8 Day 197 3:20
Year 8 Day 198 12:34
Wes Reed

There was no error page. I was dropping the items of for Kuro Neko. Nothing really different (Does items stored on a Anti-Grav Sled count?). Ship id: 18029 Room id: 80583

Year 8 Day 198 13:44
just throwing an idea in here but would it be possible to have all items inside a ship without being in a room automatically be accesible from the entrance? This could also work well when and if tracking devices were implemented as they could be seen (yadayada place eqn here) in the entrance.

This would solve the problem but only having limited coding experience wouldnt know if you could or not.

Grand Admiral Grev'endar'togl
Empire of the Hand
5th House of the Chiss Ascendancy
Year 8 Day 198 17:36
Kuro Neko

I have now boarded the DST, and looked for the items Wes dropped off for me, but cannot see them.

There was a possibly similar problem with an Anti-Grav Sled reported here:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=19017&page=0

FYI: the DST is now docked in (ID# 18029)

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Year 8 Day 198 20:58
Jeb`el Ras

I was dropping the items of for Kuro Neko. Nothing really different (Does items stored on a Anti-Grav Sled count?). 

Umm .. perhaps they're still in the grav sled?

You have to DROP the sled before you can EMPTY it.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
Year 8 Day 198 23:59
Kuro Neko

I believe the items were on a Grav Sled, but the Grav Sled itself (and the items on it) has disappeared.

RSani002.gif
Year 8 Day 199 0:03
Oddly, don't think we ever fixed my anti-grav sled issue either - which was the same thing, simply disappeared. :\

TenielDjo.png
Year 8 Day 200 4:19
Kyle Rainer

Hmm...appears Wes that stuff might actually be gone. I'll need to check out everyone more but very very odd.

Year 8 Day 200 13:26
Jeb`el Ras

I had Ra-Cor check the silo. (ID# 271086) It is empty.

If ALL of the items were stowed in the grav sled, then perhaps this is a case of what I discussed with you on IRC, Kyle? No idea how you'd be able to track it down without knowing the sled's ID though.

Edited By: Jeb`el Ras on Year 8 Day 200 20:15

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

Year 8 Day 201 14:25
Kuro Neko

I actually purchased 2 anti-grav sleds.

I loaned one to Wes, and he still has it on his ship (#118438). The other he delivered to my DST, and it is this one that is missing.

It may be that both grav sleds were produced in the same batch? And so may have similar ID numbers. I'm not sure how Wes can find out the ID number of the grav sled he has in his possesion, but it is currently located in (#118438).

Wes also kept 2x10 round ammo and a DY-225 blaster; the rest of the items (about 25 items) I purchased have disappeared along with the grav sled. :-(

Wes did pick up all items from GalMart, because he gave me a list of items he moved to his ship, and it tallied with my purchase list. I can provide a list of all lost items, if that helps.

RSani002.gif
Year 8 Day 205 10:38
Kuro Neko

One of the missing items on the missing Anti-Grav Sled just turned up in my inventory....

The manufacturer just made it over to me. (I can provide further details if required, but it names a Faction, a PC, and location of the DST)

The item is a Medikit, #33317

My inventory shows it as ....

Stored In Item: Anti-Grav Sled Kuro\'s stuff (ID: 140137)
Position: Unknown

The Anit-Grav Sled *should* be in the DST (Ship id: 18029 Room id: 80583)

So it seems the Anti-Grav Sled ID is #140137.

Hope this helps locate it

RSani002.gif
Year 8 Day 206 6:15
Kyle Rainer

Moved the sled into the cockpit of the ship. It appears it was in the ship that is was in.

Year 8 Day 206 9:57
Kuro Neko

Thanks Kyle.

I am no longer at the location of the DST, but I will ask someone nearby to try that, and let you know the outcome.

RSani002.gif
Year 8 Day 215 13:39
Kuro Neko

Someone checked the DST for me, and found the Anti-Grav Sled and the items on it! Thank You!!!!!

RSani002.gif