Day

Time

20:31:41

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Rules Clarification: HQ Relocation
Ralgarrch

"Hiring a group to recycle your HQ results in your faction receiving a new datacard 7 days after the recycling has started."

To recycle a facility it must first be converted into a wreck, after a facility is converted it's no longer considered to have an owner and can't operate as a HQ. Is it actually 7 days after recycling starts that you get a datacard or is it supposed to say 7 days after conversion starts?

Ral.png
hmm, not sure where the '7 days' figure comes from. The script that checks to see who needs new HQ datacards runs daily and the HQ count for the owning faction is reset upon completion of recycling, so it should be within 24 hours of that.

Kids these days!
Ralgarrch

If a wreck has no owner how is it still seen as a certain factions HQ until it's recycled?

If the script checks ownership and the faction can't own the wreck of there HQ it presumably grants the datacard after the facility has been converted, not recycled. It makes more sense if it's after the HQ became a wreck anyway, as that covers it for both conversion and combat in the future. There's no reason you should need to recycle rubble before being able to build a new hq, as long as wrecks are still considered to be "damaged beyond repair".

The faction that owns the HQ also don't get events when conversion is started or completed, are they supposed to be? I'd think they should I'm just wondering if there not showing due to a bug or if I need to go suggest some be added. Obviously they wouldn't get events for the recycling as they won't own the facility after it's been converted.

EDIT: I've just checked with the Diversity Alliance and they have not received a datacard and it's been more than 24 hours since I finished recycling their old HQ.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 8 Day 248 5:42

Ral.png
Ralgarrch

Whilst it's figured out how it's supposed to work and what isn't working or what not can someone please hand them a new datacard so it can be built before there customers expect income at the next tick?

Ral.png
hmm, are you sure on it not having an owner? I had a look at buildings and found about a hundred wrecks with owners and conversion rules don't seem to mention anything about removing the owner.

Have DA gotten their datacards yet? Server slowness may have caused it.

Kids these days!
Ralgarrch

DM'd the Diversity Alliance to check if they've received a datacard yet and they haven't, if we can't start construction for them soon it won't be done before income which will cause problems for them.

I'm quite sure that conversion creates an unowned wreck. When I scanned the wreck to recycle it it showed no owner and according to the rules page:

"You must tag the wreck in order to become its owner (see Recycling: Tagging Wrecks)."

The rules page also states you can only tag unowned wrecks, which would be a bit of a bugger if wrecks remained the property of whoever owned them before hand.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 8 Day 252 4:39

Ral.png
hmm. Looks like their hq count wasn't updated properly (it was 1) when recycling finished, or if it was it was previously higher than it should be. They'll get a new one in the next 24 hours.

Pointed Kyle this way on the other thing.

Kids these days!
Kyle was fine with it so 've moved it to update the HQ count upon conversion to wreck finishing.

Kids these days!
Ralgarrch

Cool, so now it'll check within 24 hours of conversion completing? I'll post something in the rules update forum with the changes if you want.

Also are owners of a facility being converted supposed to get a message? The DA leader said he never got anything when I converted it and it would seem useful for them to have events that their own facility has started conversion and ended conversion.

Thanks for your help, hopefully the HQ can still finish before the next income tick.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 8 Day 254 0:11

Ral.png
Doesn't look like they would have. I've added an event for the owner of the target.

Kids these days!