194 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:22:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 6 Day 201 12:49
As the Enigma GNS post ( http://www.swcombine.com/community/news/display.php?category=3#3173 ) is based on OOC information given to them by a dead character, and The Wrath's GNS post ( http://www.swcombine.com/community/news/display.php?category=3#3181 ) is based on the Enigma post, I request that both be deleted. Using OOC information IC shouldn't be permitted.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 201 12:59
Darek Xearz
Darek Xearz
It was actually an anonymous tip. Probably a leak somewhere in the NAO prison guard organisation?

(( Certain things happen in darkness when someone dies, I used darkness to confirm the death. ))

Further more, the post follows all the GNS rules:

All posts must be made within the PG-13 rules

No sex, excesive violence or cruelty to animals in our post.

This is a place to post news, not recruit new members, not inform the public of your auction, not to say "My group offers cheaper prices than anybody else!", nor "Buy your ships from my group". If you are going to refer to a service your faction provides, it should be set up as a news story akin to "Golden Fish Enterprises posts new record in droid production" and the content should follow the same format.

An important person in the galaxy dying in captivity while awaiting his trial is definitly news.

All posts should be made from the point of view of a reporter in front of a camera or as a newspaper reporter writing an article, not your personal self, not a commercial. If you wish for your character to play a major role or issue a speech, you may have the reporter quote or interview your character, but reference should still be made to the proper format of the news.

Our post follows a newspaper article layout

Posts detailing major events can be either based on database-affecting actions taken in the game (ie: if you actually took over a planet) or actions said to occur outside the limited abilities of the game-client.

A characters dead affects the database, ou r post is based on it so no problems there.

Posts that are not relevant to any database-affecting actions require the permission of any faction leader/owner whose faction's actions you choose to godmode. ie: You cannot claim to have recently destroyed a dozen Star Destroyers without first getting permissions to assume such a claim from the Emperor

See above

Posts must not include more than four images as this greatly hampers dial-up users and there is no purpose 11 images can serve that can't be just as easily served with 4. Images cannot be more than 400 pixels wide and 50kb in size.

No images were included in the post.

Any posts not abiding by these guidelines will be deleted and no compensation will be paid, it is up to anyone posting on the GNS to inform themselves about the rules. Factions should provide these rules to anyone they give the GNS Posting privilege to.

The Enigma post meets all requirments, so no reason to delete it.

Edited By: Darek Xearz on Year 6 Day 201 13:16
Year 6 Day 201 13:20
An important person in the galaxy dying in captivity while awaiting his trial is definitly news. 

Which you do not know of IC. Nor was he in a NAO prison. Try again.

A characters dead affects the database, ou r post is based on it so no problems there. 

Yes, however you know nothing about the incident IC. It's an OOC based post.

See above 

Ooh. Now I gotcha. You RPed out saying it happened in a NAO prison. It didn't. Thank you for giving me a technicality.

The Enigma post meets all requirments, so no reason to delete it.  

On the contrary. You just admitted to it. Thank ya.
See what happens when you rely on OOC information rather than actual reporting?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 6 Day 201 13:25
Darek Xearz
Darek Xearz
Ooh. Now I gotcha. You RPed out saying it happened in a NAO prison. It didn't. Thank you for giving me a technicality. 

Well we _assumed_ NAO holds their prisoners in prisons. The information we had was that:

A) Kayleb was under arrest by NAO
B) Kayleb died

If an admin wishes to change the post so it says that Kayleb died while being held captive by NAO in a highly insecure location I'm fine with that.

(edit: typos)

Edited By: Darek Xearz on Year 6 Day 201 13:25