236 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:11:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » I'm curious about how I will get to my goods.
Hi. :) I have some general questions about the basic mechanics of trading in SWC.

According to Rules > The Economy > Marketplace, "For each hyperunit of distance between the Market and the product, you have to add 0.1% of fee. It is recommended to find a market close to your desired product or to develop market areas."

So, is there also a time factor implemented, or will I receive the item right away, wherever it's coming from, once I pay that fee?

I've also been wondering how transport of items is handled in a player-to-player trade made outside of the standard market system, through irc or elsewhere. An honest seller or middleman will transfer ownership to the buyer, but that doesn't automatically put it into that character's hands, does it? Can delivery of such things be arranged through the Commerce Center system?

What about stocks? Do they transfer automatically, or is there some kind of certified datacard one has to pick up?

Finally, is there a record of publicly traded companies, and the current values of their shares for everyone to see at the CC's and Trading Stations? If not, can you recommend a site or someone's data service where or by which a small trader could find updates? Is there any such thing yet, or is asking a faction leader the only way of knowing?

\"When one is at harmony with the universe, one acts as one must to maintain harmony.\"
-- \"The Force\" Chapter Six,
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game,
First Edition

tfin.jpg\"
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

- No, items bought from the market will not automatically be moved to your location.

- If you buy items from someone than the two parties will have to arrange a drop off point by themselves, there are no provisions in SWC for it.

-Shares transfer automatically, SWC does not keep a list of publically traded companies.

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Phryss

Stocks are different as a tradeable asset as they do not exist in any physical form. Other than that, I believe the vaguely-aztec green poster above has your questions covered.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
…I believe the vaguely-aztec green poster above has your questions covered.

- Phryss

Yeah. Thank you, Teik... uh... Teyak... Teyacapan K.. Kwets... hrm...

Many thanks, m'am. :-)

- No, items bought from the market will not automatically be moved to your location.

- Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Meh. In that case --if I'll have to arrange transport myself anyway-- I don't see any sense in paying a bureaucratic fee to pre-order. I guess the market still might have its uses, but I surely see now that I'll want to take the recommendation of that Rules page writer quite seriously.

Stocks are different as a tradeable asset as they do not exist in any physical form.

- Phryss

That's what I thought. Good.

Hunting down good ones sounds pretty tricky, though. If no one at all has a brokerage, a person could really clean up by opening one, but they'd have to do tons of legwork before they could reach that point. Hmm.

\"When one is at harmony with the universe, one acts as one must to maintain harmony.\"
First Edition

tfin.jpg\"
The market's distance fee just exists to make it worthwhile to use one particular market over another, depending on proximity.

swcforumsig

Okay. Makes sense.

I don't mean to criticize the marketplace without even trying to visit one. I'm just going to be working in space for a while longer, and I thought I'd post here to ask about it ahead of time.

Thanks, all of you, for filling me in. :-)

First Edition

tfin.jpg\"
It's no problem; this place does exist to clarify any questions you have about features.

swcforumsig