Time

19:33:18

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » "Items now transfer like other entities upon death"
Page 1 2
Jaggo Bral

... according to the last patch info. Does that mean they go to the market if no one is assigned/carrying it? Also the current "death rules" are a bit more specific about it ("Life and Death", 3.2.1). Are these up-to-date? I don't remember "credit pouches" dropping last time I killed a char...

jbsigfaj5.jpg\"
Jaggo Bral

anyone...?

jbsigfaj5.jpg\"
Sorry for not replying earlier. Yup, they go to the market if none of the other conditions are met. I'll try and hunt down someone to do the "Life and Death" update, unless you'd like to?

Kids these days!
Cesodevo Avina

And what about Jaggo's point with the credit pouch thing? A lot of people managed to evade that issue when approached about it. Not that I'm greedy (ok, I am greedy, but there should be *some* reward for killing people), but if it's in the rules but not part pf the game, why is it in the rules in the first place?

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Because it was intended at one time. It does not happen.

swcforumsig

I believe part of the issue is that we want to *discourage* people from killing newbies and random players against whom they have no legitimate IC grievance. Thus, not saying "you get 50k for every newbie you kill and 5mil for every friend you kill", helps us keep the number of dead (and discouraged) players to a minimum.

TenielDjo.png
Jaggo Bral

Thanks for the answer, but why is there no category for items on the NPC market in this case? Also, just to avoid misunderstandings:

Items/weapons/droids housed or stored in a facility become the property of the owner. 

This is not true any longer, then? Items go directly to the market if there is no carrier/manager assigned, no other checks are made?

jbsigfaj5.jpg\"
Items now transfer like other entities upon death 

they go to the market if none of the other conditions are met 

Items/weapons/droids housed or stored in a facility become the property of the owner 

Being stored in a facility (or, presumably, other container like a ship) is one of the "other conditions" mentioned. If you have someone's ship in your docking bay and they die, you get that ship, for example.

So it seems the only Items going to the market (which sounds like it needs an interface fix to allow you to see them) are ones that are carried by characters that are killed outside.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 38 10:11
Deleted Post
Ralgarrch
Deleted by Ralgarrch. Reason: This is a reason.
Somewhat related question: I was assigned an NPC for a transfer job which I later backed out of (the person who wanted to hire me was acting the jerk). Some time later, said person was executed. The NPC is still assigned to me. Money never exchanged hands or anything, this guy just assigned me the NPC and got himself killed. Is this mine now?

ETA: The reason I ask is that my inventory says I don't own any NPC's, so it's a bit unclear. :)

Edited By: Kalima Redstar on Year 9 Day 39 20:40

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Member of SYT Transport LLC ~ Stock photos by
If you don't own it, it isn't yours. He may have transferred it prior to death, or he may only have been the manager to begin with, rather than the owner. If you provide the ID someone can look it up to ensure that it has an owner at all, rather than having become unowned upon his death, though, but I am not aware of any bugs with this feature.

swcforumsig

Where do you find the ID number for an NPC?

Edited By: Kalima Redstar on Year 9 Day 40 8:11

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Xavze Zavan

hover over the checkboxes in NPC inventory

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
None there. I'm supervisor for (sorry, I know I said assigned but I'm the supervisor) a bunch of NPC's for various reasons and none have check boxes on them. :(

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Xavze Zavan

ah..I know of no way to see the IDs as supervisor only ;_;

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
You need to ask the manager or owner.

swcforumsig

Sounds like I have a freelance NPC now ... LOL

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
If you are in the same location as the NPC, you can get it from the source code of the room frame of the position interface.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
I found it:

A Chadra-Fan named Desric Helranth, ID: 63368.

K

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Anyone interested in looking this droid up? I got him guarding my house at present but if I can opt his contract (I hate using the word 'buy' for sentients) I'm up for it.

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Bueller?

kalimamultipic2.jpg\"
Freelance space-trucker.
Page 1 2