173 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:42:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » IRC problem, anyone care to help?
Patrick Solberg

University has a proxy firewall disabling my IRC, can anyone help me get through it?

Thanks alot

Phryss

If you are particularly savvy, you can try doing research on tunneling protocols; but that's not something we can help with.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
If you are lucky and they are only blocking the ports, we have the following enabled that you can try connecting through: 1080, 5000, 5555, 6660-6670, 8080

Otherwise, there are also a few java "IRC at work" programs floating around that you can try googling, that may work for you. With these, however, most are designed to display the same IP address for each of their users, and we have a connection cap per IP, so if you get one working you may want to ensure you have another for backup in case one of the IPs already has the max connections, because we will absolutely not raise that limit.

swcforumsig

Patrick, If you can't get it to work I could always try and bring up a proxy on my home pc for ya to use if you and other SWC members needed it.

\"Visit
I'd go for 8080, it's common proxy port and there's quite a chance your Uni does allow it :)

I don't believe Hutts are a superior race. I know that.

Lanthrym system holosite

lothbotitanshorizontalb.jpg
Patrick Solberg

Ill try the different ports first and if that doens't roll I may get in contact with you Rogmi
Thanks alot for the responses

Vacuus Eversor

My school does the same, so I have to use browser based client.

The one I use