Time

22:44:44

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » About communication items
Year 9 Day 82 15:57
Cesodevo Avina

Specifically, about the Holoprojector, the Sub-Space Radio and the Holonet Transceiver.

What use do they have? With the current DM, GNS and hailing system, they'll never have any use at all, so what is/was their use supposed to be?

Edited By: Cesodevo Avina on Year 9 Day 83 1:53

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Year 9 Day 82 21:48
The most likely response is, "Wait for items to be implemented, and you'll know." ^_^

I believe it was intended to require holonet receivers for posting on the GNS, though? I don't feel like opening the rules pages, so that could have been another item entirely, I suppose.

Year 9 Day 83 1:06
I thought Subspace Radios and Satellites were the GNS suggestion?

Holonet Receiver could plausibly be used for hacking of all sorts, as well.

The Holoprojecter, I'm a little less certain.

TenielDjo.png
Year 9 Day 83 1:53
Cesodevo Avina

Ah, forgot about the Sub-Space Radio (probably because it looks identical to Stimpacks).

Updated the first post. Added links.

Year 9 Day 83 12:24
I think the holoprojector was supposed to give a boost to command in combat or something, but I can't honestly recall off the top of my head.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 9 Day 83 12:30
They are merely symptoms of "Cool-list-itis". A swelling of lists of items/features/etc. caused by the creation of the list being done well in advance of the implementation, and without proper thought to coding or function. Of course allowing people to use these lists within the actual environment, seriously hampers changing them later... in other words since the datacards are already distributed, the items cannot simply be removed if we don't find a good use for them.

They will have to have some use created for them, but what that use may be remains to be seen.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 83 15:49
Cesodevo Avina

Ok, let's play the waiting game then :D

Thanks.