257 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:01:38

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » A/E discrimination against unarmed combat pros.
Just curious is Unarmed Combat has been left out on purpose from the secondary skills which determine the success of an arrest or resist attempt?

Thanks in advance.

hun916.png

That skill may have been created after the skills for A/E had been determined.

However, unarmed combat is reflected in the primary skill; as I recall, the idea behind the secondary skills for that option are essentially added benefit in case you have a weapon equipped. But it just considers the highest skill instead and assumes you have that type equipped right now.

swcforumsig

Unarmed combat is reflected in the primary skill together with strength or on its own?

hun916.png

No, the concept of fighting an opponent unarmed is reflected in the use of the Strength skill. That's essentially what you are trying to do with your strength; fight your opponent. You receive a bonus if you also have a weapon (skill.. since it does not currently check if you have it equipped, too).

swcforumsig

Lance Hawke

not like it's going to happen or that it will remain this way forever, but...

There's a *big* difference between someone with 3 strength and someone with 3 strength AND 2 Unarmed (theoretical #'s)

Yes. There is also a difference between someone with just a high strength, and someone with high strength and skill at dodging, etc. It isn't designed to emulate combat; it is just a basic skill check to give some ability to fail. Either way, this is not the suggestions forum, and as far as I know this is a restricted topic anyhow, so that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Edited By: Syn on Year 9 Day 87 0:39

swcforumsig

Alright I got the point now what you meant about the primary skill, thanks Syn. This can be locked.

hun916.png