168 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:23:52

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 131 20:38
I've been reading some of the forums that mention Jedi testers are worried about their safety, so they only test members of 'trusted' factions. As far as I know, the only thing you can do to another player is arrest/execute.

So my question is, can a player A/E anywhere? If I board a Jedi faction's capital ship, can I still arrest them (assuming an arrest warrant is out against that player)? I've read the A/E rules, but they aren't very clear to me. They seem to indicate that government factions can only arrest in their territories, and bounty hunters can only be authorized to arrest in the territories of the authorizing government. I don't understand how a Jedi's 'safety' would be jeopardized.

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Year 9 Day 131 20:49
Because a Jedi can go into the territory of another govt to test someone, and one of those people turns around, joins a BH group authorised to AE in that territory, and kills the Jedi.
Or the Jedi boards someone's ship to test them, that person hypers out to trap the Jedi, takes them to another government's space, and AEs them.

Pretty much any Jedi (or Sith, or other) willing to do tests will only do them on their own ship, in the space of a government they trust absolutely.

The other concern, that is not always voiced, is the sheer number of people that want tested. That is why a number of Jedi that I know - and I'm pretty sure the Jedi Academy as a faction - have a policy to only test people in groups when their faction leader requests it. That is simply a convenience issue for the Jedi, but it does also assist them in meeting the conditions to not be at risk from AE.

Given that at least one major Force user (and I believe others, though only one was really high profile) has been arrested and killed when doing a Force test, the threat of AE to Jedi doing tests is not an idle one.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 131 21:06
Hal,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm amazed that a Jedi doesn't just park a ship in trusted territory, and tell people that want to be tested to board the ship with 500k (or whatever) to be tested (no house-calls). It does seem to me that the Jedi are passing up a real cash cow for testing 'fees', but I guess that would cut into their training time or something.

And I've wondered how you know if you've been tested? It seems like I could just advertise 'Jedi testing' for a small fee, and mysteriously everyone I test would not be a Jedi ;-)

Amp

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
Year 9 Day 131 23:17
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

There's no indication of whether you were tested.

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Year 9 Day 132 0:07
Many Jedi have some form of "job" in SWC, like most of us do. If they just sit around doing nothing, they can't do that. Nor do they really earn any XP, since the gain from training is meagre at best. It would be boring as hell for the Jedi...

Cash is probably secondary, if it figures at all, for any Jedi with RP skill.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 134 3:16
Just to confirm what Hal speculated about the Jedi Academy: Yes, we offer testing to trusted factions at the request of your faction leader and we do not charge for the service.

Visit our website for more details.

Ezekiel_Master.png