Year

Day

Time

22:14:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 152 15:47
Patrick Martin

I see Hapans before a certain date are now classed at 6% from start, what about those of us that started after that date, are we too getting it? Or not?

If not why not?

Year 9 Day 152 15:51
Phryss

The wording of the bug fix suggests that characters created after that day were already using the correct probability.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 9 Day 152 15:58
Patrick Martin

If so then why when I reached level 6 did it tell me my force probability increased by 2.5% when the forumla tells me it should have been 3%. So I am assuming my force probability is 7.5% since thats what it told me. Now I read it should be 9%.

Plus the rules say 5% is the hapan starting %

Edited By: Patrick Martin on Year 9 Day 152 15:59
Year 9 Day 152 16:56
Phryss

6% is the correct probability for human/ish characters who were created before the probability was lowered to 5%. It seems these characters are now being grandfathered in with their higher probability.

I dare you to make less sense.

rotate.php\"
Are you a newbie, or do you have access to newbies?
Year 9 Day 152 17:04
Those characters were always intended to retain their old 6% probability. That they have not received it was a bug.

There is no bug or any effect upon those who created after the FS chance was changed.

From the wording of the fix, it would seem that the fix will only take effect the next time those players have their FS chance recalculated.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 152 17:04
Patrick Martin

Alittle unfair isnt it for newer players.

Year 9 Day 152 17:50
Nothing changes for newer players, so no. They were aware their race probability was 5% when they joined, so that's what they have. If they don't like it, they could've chosen another race.

It would be unfair for older players to suddenly be dropped to a lower probability, when their race had a higher probability when they selected it.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 152 18:10
So are the rolls recalculated or does it just count towards future level up Force rolls?

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 9 Day 152 18:30
Cesodevo Avina

I would assume that it is recalculated from jump.

But then I would assume that the recalculation would be made open in your events when you hit 6/11/16 etc.
I'm fairly close to having my percentage raised (as in, leveling up) which should be in two days max, so I'll know for sure on that if there is no definite answer by then.

Time to go to war with the Flame Tigers!
Year 9 Day 152 18:45
So are the rolls recalculated or does it just count towards future level up Force rolls?

- Wilhelm Von Ismay

I was one that reported this bug and requested force chance rerolls. Unlucky problem wasn't solved as I was thinking it would be.

Here is answer for your question

After discussing this with Raiden we decided to not offer re-rolls. Each re-roll would necessitate checks on the archived events tabel, and its size alone is always threatening the script to fail or even the whole server to go down. At least this is what orion keeps telling me. :)

I know some will be disappointed, but there is no quick or easy fix to it, as this has to do with teh whole system how we archive events.

- Dreighton

So pretty much bug existed for 3 years and it things it done won't be reverted :S So everyone who reached recalculations lvl during existance of this bug is "unlucky"

---------

Patric: Here is Simnews about this change:

http://www.swcombine.com/community/news/simnews.php?display=2&postID=4809

there was topic about it on forum as well but I can't find it. From what I remember they changed FS chance for human species so more people would choose alien races but after some discussions admins stated that characters that existed before this change will keep their FS chance.

Edited By: Yoshi Hikaru on Year 9 Day 152 19:17

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System
Year 9 Day 152 19:01
So they screwed up when they changed the FS levels and the vets get punished for it. Sure makes a load of sense...

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
Year 9 Day 152 19:29
Well, my question would be this:

What if you were discovered as FS, even with the bug, shouldn't you re-roll? No, of course not, that would mean you have a chance of losing your Force Sensitivity. For me it makes sense that if you're going to reroll the chance on the vets who are NOT FS, you have to reroll for the vets who are FS. It's only fair.

I know I'm going to get flamed for that suggestion, but it seems to make good sense to me.

DarknessSig1.jpg\"
Year 9 Day 152 19:33
In my opinion rerolls don't have to mean rerolls for force users, not to mention it's not possible. There aren't that many human species, 3 years old that hit force chance lvl during last 3 years. So "inflation" of force users wouldn't be big.

Problem is that admins don't plan to make rerolls.

Edited By: Yoshi Hikaru on Year 9 Day 154 10:13

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System
Year 9 Day 152 23:35
Cyphor Axis

Kinda does bites for the vets that are humans I am a lvl 21 human, just hit 21 last month, now i have to gather up another 16k xp to get a chance at being FS? Which will take a long time esp. the xp you get for building and traveling.

Edited By: Cyphor Axis on Year 9 Day 152 23:38

CyphorSignature.png
mystats.php?uid=c692
Year 9 Day 152 23:58
wouldn´t you have to gp to lvl 26 to have it recalculated?

horbanner.gif
Year 9 Day 153 0:08
Cyphor Axis

I believe so wasnt for sure is why i didnt post it. But I have heard that from a few people I would have to wait till I was lvl 26 which is a very long time away. To bad this fix wasnt a month earlier I would have gotten to do it when i hit 21.

Edited By: Cyphor Axis on Year 9 Day 153 0:15

CyphorSignature.png
mystats.php?uid=c692
Year 9 Day 153 0:22
For me it makes sense that if you're going to reroll the chance on the vets who are NOT FS, you have to reroll for the vets who are FS. It's only fair. 

No, it's not fair, and makes no sense.

If someone became FS with a lower chance than they should have had, then of course they'd have become FS with the correct chance. If someone didn't become FS when they had a lower than possible chance, then it may be that they should have become FS and didn't.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 154 18:51
I'm confuzzled... so when you leveled to one of the reroll levels, and if you created before that date, it was using the 5% chance rather than the 6% it should have been using?

Guess I was lucky... :x

Year 9 Day 154 18:59
You are correct Mikel and well I was unluckly one ;/ lvled up and discovered 3 years old bug that won't fixed for people like me.

RGC-2.gif
Governor Yoshi Hikaru
Governor of Pypin System