Year

Day

Time

16:56:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 192 1:51
Jett Katana

500k a month. I'll have to deliver raw materials around the galaxy. The faction is the Commerce Guild.

Is this good? I don't know what average pay is. I'm a noob, lol.

Year 9 Day 192 2:05
That's pretty good, but salary is not the only thing to look for in a faction. I have always considered a good faction to be one that takes care of your needs without you needing to have the finances to have everything you need yourself.

I may be kinda "old school", and in a minority in this regard, but in my opinion becoming a valued member of a good faction is more valuable than being any member of a well-paying faction.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 192 2:13
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

This isn't really something to be asking here, but it's pretty much the highest starting salary you'll find.

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Year 9 Day 192 2:23
Jett Katana

Mr. Breden,

Well, they are supplying me a ship... what else could I need? What are all the advantages of being in a "good" faction?

I want to here from you. You're an experienced member. Especially with your post count, lol.

Year 9 Day 192 3:02
Post count isn't especially meaningful; we have many, many vets who have been around for 5-10 years and are too busy with their factions or with other work to post on the forums much.

That aside, there is a lot to consider, rather than solely money and a ship. The most important thing, as in any game, is to have fun. If a faction ignores you, or just impersonally demands things of you without really offering any sort of cohesive community or fun atmosphere, you'll be miserable, regardless of your wealth.

There are many smaller factions that either can't afford to or choose not to pay their members -- most will still provide them with a ship, at least, and perhaps some items, but will otherwise just focus on roleplaying, helping each other out, and trying to work towards some common goal, perhaps in terms of where the faction is headed.

You may be happy in a well-paying faction, or you may decide that it's not as interesting as you initially expected, but just remember that if you find yourself not having fun, you have plenty of other options available. You can try out another faction at any time, and you may meet people you simply get along with better. Most people who do stick around for any significant period of time do so because of their friends, rather than because of their credit count.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 213 4:13
Zeek R`oadi

I want to here from you. You're an experienced member. Especially with your post count, lol.

- Jett Katana

Post count isn't especially meaningful; we have many, many vets who have been around for 5-10 years and are too busy with their factions or with other work to post on the forums much.

- Syn

A little off the main subject, but there are also many newbs who have pretty high post counts. Don't judge one's experience from post counts alone.

Year 9 Day 213 9:29
The faction I am in pays far less that 500k a month, they pay 50K as a matter of fact, but we take care of our members, and have plenty for them to do.

In addition to pay, we do a lot of building, so we get a substantial members discount on new construction. It's enabled me to amass a sizable personal portfolio (7.5 mil) in 6 months.

And yes I've active for about 6 months, loner than some and way less than others, but have been very active trading, on the forums, and in my faction.

Edited By: Orion Mcphee on Year 9 Day 213 9:42

Warning this is strictly Orions McPhees Opinion, it may or may not have any bearing on events true or imagined

orionsigmy0.jpg\"

Year 9 Day 213 11:02
Is there a reason you're reviving 3 week old threads, Zeek?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 213 12:12
Zeek R`oadi

Eh, didn't even look at the timestamps. It wasn't low on my thread list, so I figured it wasn't too old.

Year 9 Day 216 9:18
Deleted Post
Deleted by Phryss. Reason: Be useful or be elsewhere.