Year

Day

Time

01:28:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 9 Day 212 13:44
Truthfully, I haven't seen you demonstrate any sort of behavior or skill that would lead me to think you would be an asset on any of the Combine teams.

Year 9 Day 212 13:48
In terms of SWC teams, the competence needs to be OOC. Character competence is IC. Your character being dead in no way prevents you from contributing to a SWC team, and access can easily be updated to your new handle when it takes effect (since I don't believe that's automated).

Saying your next character will be competent does not inspire me with confidence.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 212 14:47
Ocejela Opop

I would tell you to wait and see Hal but then... you would know my "identity". Unless you checked anyways, besides we don't know about the future, maybe a team could use me, but probably not. Also I would just dm the leaders to apply but that would be impossible anyways due to the fact of the dead being silent. But just in case, what is the most simplist team to get on? Requires the least amount of skill? Dont say it all depends, lets hear your opinion.

Year 9 Day 212 15:09
The least amount of skill? Of any skill? Probably the community team. But then, they also don't DO much of anything (although someone was blabbering on about another attempt at the newsletter a little while back).

The Help team doesn't require any real "skill", although it does require a good working knowledge of SWC, in order to be able to, y'know, answer questions.

The teams that require real "skill" are the descriptions team (writing skill), art team (artistic skill), and the implementation team (coding skill).

The various other teams generally require knowledge and/or reasoning ability. Generally getting involved in what the team does and seeing how it operates will allow you (and them) to determine if you have any aptitude for it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 9 Day 212 15:25
Ocejela Opop

Yes least amount of skill required, (when applicable). So if I wanted I could apply for a community team postion, and there might be a chance that I could make it because they dont require skill? What do they look for in candidates then?

Year 9 Day 212 15:41
The ability to work with people without being annoying.

Year 9 Day 212 15:48
Ocejela Opop

If I apply for the community tean and if I get it. There will never be an annoying post from me ever again. Ok Mikel?

EDIT: Who do you contact for that sort of thing? Do they have and e-mail? Who's the leader?

Edited By: Ocejela Opop on Year 9 Day 212 16:40
Year 9 Day 212 18:28
Are trying to bribe them to get you on the team?

From my understanding you are saying. You'll never be annoying again if you get on the team.

If you really want some practise being good with people get a job at Wal-Mart or some other store. It would be good training for dealing with people and being polite.

mikequekara.jpg\"
Year 9 Day 212 18:46
Ocejela Opop

Bribe? Mo way man. Mikel said "The ability to work with people without being annoying." I said that if I get on the team that would be proof I didn't annoy the leaders, there for eliminating the possibilty of an annoying post.

Year 9 Day 212 21:12
If you think you can be an asset to one of the Combine teams, go to the "Teams" page I linked to earlier, find the leader of the team you want to be on, click on their name, and it will link you to your email client to send them an email.

Year 9 Day 212 21:13
Ocejela Opop

I'm pretty sure that the community team page doesn't list a leader. I will check again though.

Edit: Yep no leader listed...any suggestions on who you think the leader is?

Edited By: Ocejela Opop on Year 9 Day 212 21:16
Year 9 Day 212 23:54
http://www.swcombine.com/contacts/

Scroll down to the section with the huge "Community" heading. That lists the various divisions of the Community team. Contact the e-mail address for the division you think you could contribute to. If you just want to "be on a team," or have no idea what the divisions do, don't waste your time applying--if you actually want to contribute, you'd better have some idea of your own abilities, some idea of what the teams are doing, and how you could apply your abilities to the team in question.

swcforumsig

Year 9 Day 214 18:46
Ocejela Opop

How would one go about to take over a planet? If just a plain faction took control of it would they be able to collect taxes? About how much can one make from owning a planet?

Year 9 Day 214 18:48
RTFM?

Year 9 Day 214 18:52
Ocejela Opop

?

Year 9 Day 214 19:05
Ocejela Opop

I read the manual Hal. Just now infact (conserning my question). New question, how would you take a planet from another faction? how would you get more then 50% or the flats from them? How many cities are usually on the average planet? How much would a faction sell a planet for?

Edited By: Ocejela Opop on Year 9 Day 214 19:33
Year 9 Day 214 19:35
Jimbo Jon

Taking control of a Planet
1. Buy cities
2. Build Facilities in Cities
3. Obtain 50% of population

Amount of cities on a planet

Search For a Planet and start counting

Edited By: Jimbo Jon on Year 9 Day 214 19:35

You see I walk like Jabba The Hutt
with the style so new y'all be like what?
Year 9 Day 214 19:46
Zeek R`oadi

Control 50% of the total flats on a planet.

Year 9 Day 214 19:49
Ocejela Opop

Now how would one increase the population (EX: Coruscant, Total population: 57,153,070,374 inhabitants Hireable Population: 999 People

Edited By: Ocejela Opop on Year 9 Day 214 19:50
Year 9 Day 214 19:57
How do you THINK you'd increase the population? BUILD FLATS. If the faction in control has built more flats that you can conceive, then they have ensured their control well. If they own 100% of the cities on the planet, then they have ensured their control well. If they are a government, and they arrest every construction NPC you place on the planet, then they are doing their job well.

Do you have any questions about control that can't be answered with a quick reading of the rules, a few moments' thought and a little common sense?

Oh, there was that question about the price of planets. Go look in the Traders Lounge. There was a thread on that same subject a little while back. 3-6 months ago, maybe? I'm pretty sure it was less than a year, at the most.

Page 1 2 3