Day

Time

04:42:28

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CenterRPG CenterQuestion Center
Archives » Station Construction Issue
Year 9 Day 276 17:00
Posted this in admin help but I'm not sure if it's the right place. Please feel free to lock/destroy the incorrect one.

According to the rules page

The NPCs who will build the station are selected from NPCs of the type Builder who are at your location, they don't need to be in your party.

However when I set to begin construction on a station I was not allowed to begin until the NPCs were in my party. I was assigned as their supervisor and was in the same room as them. I had 25 to start, supposedly the max you can put on a station. Before I added them to my party, the station construction menu would display that there were no builders present. Then I add the max of 12 to my party and try again. Bam, those 12 only show up.

Is this a bug or .. what? I now have 13 extra builders, increased construction costs due to the number of builders used and longer to wait before I can even store these builders somewhere for the client. Slightly frustrating, can someone help out with this please.

Year 9 Day 276 17:56
It takes the builder numbers out of the npc's in the entrance room of your ship I believe.

I just throw my hoard of builders in there, they're all assigned to me, and it gives me the option. None are in my party.

\
Year 9 Day 276 19:11
So when I went to start the construction, all the builders in the entry room should have shown up? Instead none showed up until I added them to my party. Seems kinda snafu

Year 9 Day 276 19:14
Are you absolutely sure you were assigned as Supervisor for the NPCs?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 9 Day 276 20:16
99% certain. I checked when I started and I was supervisor then. Am checking with my boss type to see if we can get a log of when I was assigned supervisor so all ducks are in a row.

Year 9 Day 276 20:55
Can you no longer see that event on your events summary?

Year 9 Day 276 21:38
No I can see no event assigning me as supervisor though according to my boss he assigned them to me days ago. I see that they are under my supervision, but no event for them being assigned to me even though my event log goes back to day 255.

Year 9 Day 277 13:36
I just looked at the rules on parties on a whim and supposedly I can't add an NPC to my party unless I am their supervisor. Doesn't that sort of nullify that *if* I was supervisor at the time issue?

Any other clues?

Year 9 Day 277 13:48
Actually, Mal, there is the ability to add NPCs to your party if you are capable of setting yourself as supervisor. The change may not have been adequately documented to the rules. With us not knowing your privileges levels, we of course just guess at the most likely issues.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 9 Day 277 13:56
Aha gotcha. I'm not even sure what privs I have myself. Given that I can see no event for them being assigned to me I guess they were not assigned to me and that when I added the 12 to my party they got assigned automatically?

Without being able to view the logs of when the NPCs were assigned I'm kinda just turning my wheels I guess. *shrugs*

*edit* And thanks to those who helped me try to figure this stuff out, I don't like getting stuff wrong especially when it isn't my money going into it.

Edited By: Mal Kavian on Year 9 Day 277 13:57
Year 9 Day 277 14:22
when I added the 12 to my party they got assigned automatically? 

Yeah, that's how it works, if you have the privs to assign them to yourself.