Year

Day

Time

07:44:12

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 318 11:35
Dorn Zeke

I'm currently prospecting a square, awaiting the end time so I can move to the next square. Two separate times now (in the past hour or so), the clock has shown 30 mins. or so left to finish, gone down to 5-10 minutes, and when I refresh, it has reset again to 30 mins. remaining. Is there some reason why the timer would keep resetting itself at 30 minutes?

EDIT: Note, the timer reset again, now for the third time.

Edited By: Dorn Zeke on Year 9 Day 318 12:07

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 9 Day 318 12:24
Ka`rla Leakey

As another merry prospector, I have had no issues with the timer so I suggest your problem is more local to you.

Have you tried clearing browser cache etc?

Year 9 Day 318 12:37
Dorn Zeke

Well, it did 3 resets, but finally completed after that. I have seen the timer issue before, on a small scale (say bouncing around by a couple minutes here and there), but never 20-30 minute bounces. In this case, it took 8+ hours to prospect as a result of this issue.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png
Year 9 Day 318 21:02
Dominic Masters

I just had the same issue on my recent hyperspace journey. When there were about 12 minutes left another 8 were added. Then as I was sublighting the exact same thing happened again, but this time only 4 minutes were added.

If it makes a difference I was using IE7 when finishing the hyperspace journey and FF3 for the sublight journey.

Year 9 Day 319 1:19
Given the times are held on the server it shouldn't make a difference which browser you are using. I have noticed that if you leave it to update the time itself it either counts too quickly, or the combine server counts too slowly! As when you refresh a few more minutes are added on.

Ezekiel_Master.png
Year 9 Day 319 4:15
Dorn Zeke

Usually that is only 1 or 2 minutes, and it isn't really there (if you refresh again, they disappear, typically). But, this is adding significant time that is really "there", that is, you have to wait that time as well.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png