Day

Time

14:53:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 9 Day 338 10:50
Christopher Eagles
Christopher Eagles
I know there are a few restricted topics to be not asked about due to then being common or a nuisance but is there no way that a Page for Threads of only restricted topics could be posted?

It would seem pointless but it would allow SWCombine members to discuss the restricted topics without flooding the existing Forum with rubbish, it would also be useful in as much as it may bring up ideas that wouldn't be posted and as such wouldn't be deemed useful?

It shouldn't take that much to set up and moderate, It would also be interesting just as a trial.

Especially if it allows for suggestions on new entities since it would help with stuff like the new CP Vehicles planned, because you could discuss stuff like Venator class and AT-OTs and such?

I mean it more as an area to discuss the topics amongst members and then admin could get involved on their own prerogative.

It would possibly help out and wouldn't be too much of a hindrance because it could be ignored if the topics are pointless, or removed if it really doesn't work out?

Edited By: Christopher Eagles on Year 9 Day 338 11:02

sig-brown.png

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

"Every town needs a hero. [walks down a street towards sunset] Every tow
Year 9 Day 338 11:28
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=26063&page=0

Year 9 Day 338 11:30
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl
He's asking for a chat area to discuss the topics we're not supposed to discuss, not for a list of those topics..

Staff consensus that avatar was inappropriately suggestive. (retards)
Year 9 Day 338 11:51
A discussion thread could be useful. Although new entities and other restricted topics should be kept out of the suggestion threads, there may be some ideas which could come up which might enhance gameplay, or give an idea for some future addition/change.

Year 9 Day 338 12:00
Christopher Eagles
Christopher Eagles
Exactly, it would probably need a separate areas within a central topic, so for example place 'Restricted topic Suggestions/Discussions' under the 'Suggestions Archive' and then within that split it into the key suggestions areas that normal suggestions are split into with additions like Gameplay, etc.

Hopefully it would be of some use to Admin to skim over sometime as well.

sig-brown.png

Year 9 Day 338 15:03
You'll note that restricted topics will be allowed to be kept open should they add some substance to the debate of why it should be changed. I think you could certainly use the General Talk forum for this, though I see no reason to add a new forum because there are simply not that many restricted topics that are debatable. Those topics are restricted because it has either been said by the administration that they will NEVER be added (food, fuel, sleep, etc.) or that they are simply going to be added in the future and there is no need for player input on them at the current time (combat, arrest & execute, etc.).

Year 9 Day 338 16:33
Guest/Visitor

Thats true..

An Archive of end-user's ideas and desired features that is within easy reach of admin would be an interesting resource.

though it would also still be good to have somewhere that any idea could be dropped in for discussion from New Entities to suggested existing gameplay element changes.

and it would be interesting on the 'going to be added in the future' pieces as well since it would at least help show some elements that people want to be included and also some pre-thought methods of implementation (wrong or right).

Though I guess it does mean more monitoring, though I would love to see the ideas some people come up with even if discussion of existing elements was still restricted or separated (to be ignorable lol)

Year 9 Day 338 16:44
Discuss "restricted topics" in an own blog.
Then you need not to be afraid of harsh moderation.

(Though I can imagine that random discussions soon end in flame&hatred. But you should give it a try anyway.)

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 9 Day 338 17:03
Guest/Visitor

Personally I don't think I would be up to the challenge,
Mainly because the Admin team already have an excellent forum here that is well controlled and maintained and with the threat of the restricted topics being removed if abused they most likely wouldn't have that much more hassle but I wouldn't like to guess the amount of hassle involved as I am not sure of my ability to maintain a site like this, which is where I also take my hat off to the admin as they do a really great job with the forums.

Year 9 Day 338 17:06
Christopher Eagles
Christopher Eagles
(Thanks to a severe lack of refreshing the Guest/Visitor Post is my own, Sorry)

sig-brown.png

Year 9 Day 338 21:02
You assume they want someone else's opinion? ;)

Year 9 Day 339 9:56
Christopher Eagles
Christopher Eagles
true... lol

sig-brown.png

Year 9 Day 339 11:54
Well, just because someone isn't on one of the admin teams doesn't mean they can't have a good idea or opinion? I think the idea behind this suggestion is to have a place to discuss the 'restricted topics', without necessarily fearing a forum ban. Who knows what ideas might be sparked from such a thread?

Year 9 Day 339 13:48
This is not a suggestions forum.

swcforumsig