Day

Time

10:29:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Question about ship production
Year 10 Day 91 12:37
Ok, I have one quick question about ship production.

If I was building a ship in a factory, I believe the size limit is 80 meters, which would mean I would not be able to build a L-500 Space Liner at all with a factory.

Then with a Shipyard I, I would be able to build ships 350 meters long or less, correct? I still would not be able to build a L-500 Space Liner.

But if I had a Shipyard II, I would be able to build ships 1000 meters long or less, so I would finally be able to build a L-500 Space Liner. I would only be able to build that ship in a Shipyard II, III, or IV, is that right?

Also, about the workers, I realize that there is a "magic" number of workers depending on what you are building, but would having too many workers be "bad" for the production times and costs?

ex. I have 500 workers building a TIE fighter. It should be done in hour because of the workforce. or would it take 2 days because of the congestion of workers?

Year 10 Day 91 12:58
Having too little or too many workers is bad for the time it takes. Like you said, congestion is just as bad as being under-staffed :)

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 10 Day 91 13:01
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

'shipyard stuff ~ is that right?'

-Yup.

"or would it take 2 days because of the congestion of workers?"

-With that many workers, think more in the area of extra months instead of days..

Year 10 Day 91 13:10
ok, thanks. can close this when ready.

Year 10 Day 92 22:19
Gideon Stargazer

(length of ship in meters/5 = number of workers) is the formula I was given by a very longtime ship producer and it has worked well so far.

<a href=Photobucket