264 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:57:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » How does creating a new character work in regards to the database?
Hi guys,

Got a couple of questions.

When my death wait is over and I recreate, is there anything in the database to indicate who my new character is and who my old character was?

Also is there any way to change the current email address that I use before I recreate?

Pretty much I want to know that once I recreate and change my email address and any other relevant details is there anyway that my new character can be linked to my old one?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand - kebab in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HO
Gitane Z Demone

DM sent

GitaneTranz.png\"

Ask not what the Combine can do for you, ask what you can do for the Combine.
Players cannot connect you to your old character through any SWC features once you have changed your e-mail address. However, they can still see your image hosting for sigs/avatars, in case you use a named photobucket account, domain, or other recognizable hosting. They can also see your IRC hostmask, of which you can change your ident, but unless you have a dynamic IP address, your IP mask remains the same and can still be compared to the IP mask you connected with previously. The masking just prevents players from being able to see the IP address itself, so your location is concealed.

Otherwise, your characters are all connected to admins since you do use the same account, so your past character history is displayed if they look it up, as are your IP login records, obviously. But how it is handled in the database has no bearing on what is actually visible, so provided you take care of your hosting and mirc settings info if you use IRC, you should go undetected.

I assume Gitane is helping you with the e-mail address matter; if not, and if you are unable to change it in your account settings, you can mail assistants@swcombine.com to have it changed (but might want to wait on that until you actually do recreate, unless you want your new e-mail to appear on your faction memberlist).

swcforumsig

Thanks for the answers

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand - kebab in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HO