250 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:37:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Fake Items (Drugs) How are they implemented?
Page 1 2
I was just reading about the new "fake items" that have been added to the game. I like the idea of them but I'm wondering: How has their adictive properties been implemented? If someone could clarrifie this it would be good.

Ahhl be bahk!
There is no addictive element in SWC's drugs. Don't think of them as cocaine or heroin but as untested pharmaceuticals.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Is there, or has there been any consideration to having positive effects as well as the negatives, now or in the future? Or bringing out similar items that will. I.e. small/temporary skill boost as well as losing health. Or are they simply meant for use in tricking people by selling as if they were real medical items?

There is a chance that you will either lose or gain health, Titanes. Check the rules page for the exact values.

Edited By: Chilyo Barpher on Year 10 Day 110 11:02
Seems i did misread something somewhere, I thought it was only a chance to lose health, and not a chance to get a bit of healing too.

New question, can you currently die from these fake medical items?

Say I spend some time brawling, HP drops to 1 and i try to heal, but it is a fake medical item that knocks off 15HP, will this kill me?

Yes, it will kill you (Think of it as an overdose)

Does it say in the rules that you can overdose? Or are you pulling that out of yer hind-quarters.

Artemis de Chatillon

Artemis de Chatillon

If you're at 1 HP and it drops you 15HP, you'd die.

001.jpg\"
hapan_donator.jpg\"
Patriarch of House Ismay
I kinda think that the rules shouldn't state that they have adicting qualitys though, seeing as there is no way it is implemented.

Ahhl be bahk!
Kaylin Sanguine

I think he's confused by these descriptions:

Bacta Ryfil
Those with the misfortune of being submerged in a tank of the counterfeit liquid generally come out healed of the infirmity that caused them to undergo the treatment, but find that they are addicted to the spice. They also often find they aren't as healthy as they had been before the experience. 

Death Sticks
It was determined very quickly that the drug was highly addictive; so instead of scrapping the formula and trying again, which would have cost time and money, the manufacturers decided to market it more widely, hoping that the addictive qualities of the drug would keep buyers coming back for more. 

Descriptions don't mean much. They are there to add flavour, not necessarily explain how they are used within SWC. Just a quick browse of the medical section would solve it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Does it say in the rules that you can overdose? Or are you pulling that out of yer hind-quarters 

You can kill yourself. Just ask the testers

OvITemptation.png

"The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it."- Dune
Tyr Tulon

Will the owner of the items be able to tell the difference between the real medical supplies and the drugs? and if not, will it be possible to reject or not accept ownership of items other people try sending you?

You could sort the inventory and rename them?

Keram McDlanar

I'm more interested in other thing: Drugs are supposed to be counterfeit medicals, so how i'm going to sell it as fully working stuff for someone else than one-day newbie who can't read? (as their type will be specified in makeover event). Where is the point of them then?

Another question: can drugs be used for combat? Since there is risk of losing health and both medicines and drugs can be used on other people, won't it be exploited as way to stun/kill somoene?

If You don't live for something, You will die for nothing.
They are supposed to show up exactly like the supposed medical items, even in the inventory and during makeover events. If that's not the case, list it as a bug report.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Keram McDlanar

Didn't had chance to check it out yet, but that sounds great!

If You don't live for something, You will die for nothing.
Would not the images make it obvious as well? Purple instead of red, and the ryll patch has ryll in aurabesh instead of bacta on it.

Ellias_sig6.png
No, as it was coded that the drug items have the same image as the regular items (for the very same prupose, that you can't distinguish them).

mystats.php?uid=c1
Page 1 2