270 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:33:18

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Negative income on unpowerd facility?
I have some newly built facilities that did not have power applied to them during the last facility income run. Yet they are showing that they made negative income:

Year 10 Day 118, 17:00 Your facilities have incurred total losses of 69,472 credits.

And I checked the planet stats, and they are fine (and other powered facilities in the same city made money).

The facility income rules page states:

In order for a facility to provide an income/loss there are a few conditions:

* The facility's Crewlist has to be set to open to all
* The facility must have an operator and that operator must be active, ie: logged in within the past week. There is no limit on the number of facilities you may operate and no requirement to be at the same location as the facility
* The facility must have a manager, if they are a player they must be active. Note that some facilities require that the Manager be a faction of a certain type (see Section 4)
* The facility must be powered

Bug? Or am I missing something in the rules?

Xavze Zavan

Powered to make income..unpowered to make loss.

How would you like to pay income tax EVERY month?
So it sounds like the rules need to be updated.

Jeb`el Ras

I have some newly built facilities that did not have power applied to them during the last facility income run 

* The facility must be powered 

Read those two statements again.

' ' ',
` Jeb`el
Moebius (co-founder)

When all its work is done, the lie shall rot; The truth is great, and shall prevail,
When none cares whether it prevail or not. - Coventry Patmore
OK, I read the two statements again. And...?

Light speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...Ludicrous speed.

Amp Thane, Captain, BFF-1 class freighter EQUUS
I see Amp's point. The text says "In order for a facility to provide an income/loss there are a few conditions:" ...

If your crewlist isn't opened to all you don't lose money, so it is logical that you also shouldn't lose money if there's no operator/manager or it is not powered.