Year

Day

Time

18:45:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 154 11:34
Christopher Eagles

I was wondering as far as items and scripts and stuff..

When I enter a vehicle such as an ETA-2, how is my weight calculated by the server,
mainly does it have a pre-defined weight total value of me+my_items or does it have to run a script to process my weight+item1+item2+etc to get total_me, (Basically how is the Total weight of someone calculated when entering an entity to see if they can)

I ask because I was looking at items and am trying to better understand them and how the server processes them to make a suggestion on possibly how they could be handled, but I don't know if thats how it already is?

sig-brown.png

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

"Every town needs a hero. [walks down a street towards sunset] Every tow
Year 10 Day 154 14:55
Actually if I remember right, your character's weight is not a factor. You actually take up a spot in the passenger max.

ranmasig0.png\"

SWC Fanpage --\\\\-- SWC Twitter
Year 10 Day 155 0:11
Item weight carried by your character is a factor, Ranma. He's asking whether it is calculated on the fly, or stored in the DB.

I suspect it to be stored in the DB somewhere, but that is speculation as I have no DB or code access.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 155 13:05
Christopher Eagles

Thanks Hal,

Is there any chance of someone with Code/DB privs confirming if there is a total_weight of an individual or its calculated when needed.

Thanks

sig-brown.png

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

"Every town needs a hero. [walks down a street towards sunset] Every tow