Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 159 22:57
Daehd Moroz

Ryll Patch 0.7 -5 3 3 30
Death Stick 0.5 -8 5 3 30
Medikit with Bacta Ryfill 0.3 -15 5 1 30
Bacta Tank with Bacta Ryfill -1 -30 15 3 30

1)The Medical rules have two great examples given, but could someone give me an example how can I have , using a Ryll patch, Death Stick, Medikit with Bacta Ryfill and Bacta Tank, get a HP LOSS of -8 or -5???

2)Why should anyone use these four DRUGS(Ryll patch and etc) to heal if they can get a HP loss?

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Year 10 Day 159 23:14
HP restored = round(rand(healingMin, healingMax) * (Medical Skill + 1))  

using a Ryll Patch (for the example assuming a medical skill of 0), it could be the following:

HP restored = round(rand(-5, 3) * (0 + 1)) = round(-5 * 1) = -5

(assuming a medical skill of 1)
HP restored = round(rand(-5, 3) * (1 + 1)) = round(-4 * 2) = -8

Drugs and Medical items have different characteristics. Medical items can be produced by medical factions, drugs are produced by smuggling factions. Once produced, you cannot distinguish a drug from its regular medical equivalent, meaning that a Bacta Patch looks exactly like a Ryll Patch, a Healing stick looks like a Death Stick and a Bacta Refill like a Bacta Ryfill. Additionally, drugs are about half the price of medical itmes.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 10 Day 160 3:10
Ralgarrch

"Once produced, you cannot distinguish a drug from its regular medical equivalent, meaning that a Bacta Patch looks exactly like a Ryll Patch, a Healing stick looks like a Death Stick and a Bacta Refill like a Bacta Ryfill. Additionally, drugs are about half the price of medical itmes."

If they have a different RMP doesn't that mean the Capital page can be used to identify them?

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 10 Day 160 3:57

Ral.png
Year 10 Day 160 3:45
Possibly. If you can, then it's an exploit and needs to be fixed. However, you'd have to go through your whole items inventory and calculate each item's RMP into the value you see there ... not very easy if you have a large inventory.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 10 Day 160 4:07
Ralgarrch

You wouldn't need to do that, you could just look at the Capital total or Item total and see if what's added/removed when you add/remove 'medical items' from the inventory is what should have been added/removed.

i.e I check the capital before recieving a delivery of 100 bacta patches and see that it instead goes up by the amount that indicates 100 ryll patches.

I already have 100 bacta patches which I remove from my inventory and find my capital goes down by the amount that indicates 100 ryll patches

Even if only 50 are Ryll patches it's still easy to tell when the difference is not the same as 100*bacta patch RMP would be. For larger amounts you might not want to make them all over but you'd be able to check pretty well just with random sampling as with real life quality control.

But regardless of how you could exploit the information if that is possible it does indeed need to be fixed.

Edited By: Ralgarrch on Year 10 Day 160 4:08

Ral.png
Year 10 Day 160 5:47
Jaggo Bral

Drugs and Medical items have different characteristics. Medical items can be produced by medical factions, drugs are produced by smuggling factions.

- "Togan Jano"

So you don't need a medical faction to get these drugs produced? Just a lab with the assigned DC and a smuggling faction as manager/operator?

Year 10 Day 160 7:13
Xanyarr Chyakk

Testing on staging has shown that Ral was right. I've opened a new thread there to post my data.

edit: typo

Edited By: Xanyarr Chyakk on Year 10 Day 160 7:13

Xanyarr of the clan Chyakk
Arch-Provost [CEO] of Rendili StarDrive (retired)
RendiliBannerSmall.png
Year 10 Day 168 14:33
Jaggo Bral

Bumping/hijacking this thread again: Can someone confirm or deny my assumptions about producing drugs or point me to the part of the rules which explain this in detail?

Year 10 Day 168 14:44
Jaggo, as I understand it yes your correct, you just need a smuggling faction as manager/operator to produce, same as if you want to produce a ship you just need a ship faction as manager/operator.

Daehd the drugs are illegal counterfeits of the real medical items (much like counterfeits out of Asia/Middle East in RL) Smuggling factions can produce them for half the price of a Medical faction producing the real items but they are unstable and may cause harm or healing. I.E. Smuggling factions are baddies medical are goodies but it's impossible to tell which faction produced the item in your inventory (or will be once the exploit Ral pointed out is fixed).

Eidolon QuarterMaster of the planet Nal Koska

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 10 Day 169 22:27
Yup, that's right Jaggo - smuggler factions should be able to produce drugs themselves. For confirmation pls see the SimNews post below or the bug report in the bugbase...

Fixed bug preventing Smuggler factions to produce drug items. (Bug 1951)

Rules : 1.1/ Counterfeit Medical Items & Drugs

Edit: fixed link

Edited By: Suus Knox on Year 10 Day 169 22:45
Year 10 Day 170 2:10
Jaggo Bral

Thanks for the links, although a was looking for a more detailed explanation for the production of drugs. For example the production rules still claim that medical items are produced by medical factions. Also it's unusual that a faction type has the data cards and the ability to produce a certain item but is not able to build the facility to do so. But I guess this belongs in the the rules and suggestions forums...

Year 10 Day 170 4:37
I'm interested if there actually is no way to distinguish the two of them.
Let's say a character has a Medical 5 ability so in my opinion he should be able to know when he has a bacta-patch or a ryll-patch. Same for a character who has for example Theft/Deceit 5 for he can also tell the difference as maybe he sold such stuff for quite a time.
If there is no certain rule on this, maybe that should also be added in the suggestion-board.