236 are online

Year

Day

Time

18:28:36

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 175 21:14
I was wondering, when we go to the rules section we see the materials required to build a ship or building ect. if i were to buy the materials to build a ship, how does one go about it?

My crew is my family. Is there anything you would not do for your family?
Year 10 Day 175 21:20
You want to look under the Production section of the rules for full details. Basically, you need a factory or shipyard, and the assistance of the appropriate faction type.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 175 21:50
Thanks, but one thing i found confusing is that i couldn't really understand the faction thing. For example if I beleong to the Empire, could i build a ship not of that faction?

Year 10 Day 175 22:49
Reld Drealius

You need a datacard for whatever you are producing. If you rent/borrow a datacard from another faction then you could build a ship not from your own faction.

The lists of ships and other things for each faction is what datacard they own.

Edited By: Reld Drealius on Year 10 Day 175 22:50

ReldDrealiusCC.png\"
Year 10 Day 176 0:43
As a member of the Empire, you can't build anything. However, you could own a factory that was managed by a ship-production faction, had a ship datacard assigned, and have production started on a ship by a member of that ship-production faction (who is assigned as operator of the factory). Then the ship would be produced in your factory and you would be the owner. As long as the datacard is assigned the facility(/station) then it doesn't matter who owns the factory/station, nor which faction (of the correct type) is managing and has their member operating.

Maybe not too clear, but I couldn't think of a better way to say it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 176 8:58
So as long as I own the datacard then the ship produced I own? is that the gist of what yur saying?

Year 10 Day 176 12:25
Here's the site with all of the production guidelines read more about it here.
http://rules.swcombine.com/?Production

You need to have the DC, the materials, worker NPCs and have enough money to pay for production cost. You tool the DC to the factory, sort of like assigning a blueprint. Then after that's done which takes a couple hours, you can go to produce and start making it. You also need to be a member of the respective thing you are building. For EX if your building a ship you need to be in a ship production faction and have the necessary privs to build.

Year 10 Day 176 12:35
If you own the factory/station that the DC is assigned to, then you own the ship that is produced.

Year 10 Day 176 13:34
Ok, I think I get it now, Thanks for explaining it to me.