Year

Day

Time

12:55:07

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 181 21:12
I just got this event:

Year 10 Day 177, 6:31 Your custom Vehicle image(s) for Vehicle ID: 119563 has been updated

I don't understand. I did not request this change and the URL to my custom image is still valid. What's really weird is only the large image changed, the small one is still my custom image. Please tell me this is just a bug and my custom image will be restored shortly. I'm not happy and I'm not paying for the same custom image twice.

Elswyn Surone
Captain, Eternal Twilight
Year 10 Day 181 21:17
Read the recent simnews about customs. Something was probably wrong with your large image so it got deleted. Either fix it yourself or get someone too(I could take a look at it if you wanted). As for paying twice it's only a few days banner clicks to pay for a custom image so it's not that big a deal.

Edit: typo

Edited By: Mephiston Leonatos on Year 10 Day 181 22:50

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Year 10 Day 181 22:41
Plus, if its only the large image that was removed and the small one is still there, you oculd get a fixed large image and politely ask the art team to link it back for you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 182 9:01
I did miss the Sim news report, but now that I've read it I'm even more confused and ticked off. My image was the correct size, the correct entity, the link is not broken, it's extremely high quality and there's no frame because it's just the large image. I have custom images for all but 3 of my vehicles, only the one has been changed. There is absolutely no reason for my image to have been changed. I'm even more baffled now. If that image had something wrong with it then *all* of my images should have been changed. I made them all myself, they're all high quality, they all have the correct sizing and framing as necessary and they're all linked correctly. Now, my image *will* be restored and I'm not paying for it again. I don't care how little it costs, that's not the point. The point is my image was unjustly removed and whoever removed it has an obligation to set things right.

Elswyn Surone
Year 10 Day 182 9:13
Making demands won't get you anywhere. Send me a link to the image and I'll take a look at it, you'd be amazed how many defects you see with a very bright screen.

ns8LjpC.png

Year 10 Day 182 9:23
How about I put it here, for everyone to see. Aside from the "example" text I put over it this is the image in question:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/sny_420/Examples/Sapphire-X-example_L.jpg

And of course the original for comparison:

http://img.swcombine.com/vehicles/58/large.jpg

Elswyn Surone
Year 10 Day 182 13:20
How about you e-mail the person responsible, who clearly admits to it in the Sim News, and get THEIR response about why it was changed, instead of whining and making stupid demands in the forum?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 182 15:58
I did that, no response as of yet. It says in the Sim news they're not even going to read messages about custom images. I have no choice to bring it to the forum. I'm not whining, I'm pissed. I'd be screaming if I saw the idiot responsible for this in person. So how about you stfu and mind your own business. If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, don't post.

Elswyn Surone
Year 10 Day 182 16:43
Only thing I can see is a lot of pixelization around the edges of the podracer. They are present in the original but are much less noticable. When you changed the color it made them pop out more. I'm not saying that's definitely the reason but I'd suggest turning your screen brightness up(if you can) and basically paint over all the splotchy pixels then try resubmitting it.

ns8LjpC.png

Year 10 Day 182 17:04
Follow Hal's instructions, for that Art Director is the only one that can do anything about this and is also the one that removed said image.