229 are online

Year

Day

Time

21:55:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » How much does cost the asset protection ?
I'm not able to locate in the rules how much it cost to protect or unprotect assets in faction. Can someone answer or show me where it is ?

Edited By: Ashura Harma-Dead on Year 10 Day 195 10:58

mystats.php?uid=c2237\"

Former Wraith - Former Valeo Exarch and SRE Master Trader

Former KDY 2IC
Protection doesn't cost anything. Unprotecting is a percentage of the asset's value though. Off hand, I can't recall what the percentage is.

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
I thought Sin said he was going to change this so both protection and unprotection cost half of what it originally cost to just unprotect.

ns8LjpC.png

Y15 D337 - The day a God was proven mortal

Unprotection cost 10% of the assets worth [according to Jesfa's post in the Leaders forum]

Sin after some discussion in the leaders forum, changed this to 5% to protect and 5% to unprotect [although whether this change was implimented or not is another matter]

000607_Osten.png

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl has sent 4,196 credits to the Protection Agency with the following message:
Cost of protecting faction assets.

Consider it implemented.

Bleh. Costing to protect is just silly. I always chalked the "punishment" up to the fee to unprotect. =p

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
So it's 5% and 5%. Thanks.

mystats.php?uid=c2237\"

Former Wraith - Former Valeo Exarch and SRE Master Trader

Former KDY 2IC
And yet, WvC, if all you ever do is protect, then there is no "punishment". It's more balanced as 5% and 5%, meaning peace of mind isn't free, but it doesn't overall cost MORE if you need to unprotect later.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
If all you're doing is protecting, you're not selling anything and you're likely screwed later on if you need to dissolve!

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
No, if all you're doing is protecting, then you're using the feature as intended to protect long-term assets, not everything that could possibly ever be transferred out of the faction. If you're constantly protecting and unprotecting every little thing, then you have serious trust issues and/or should not be giving out makeover privs.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.