264 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:06:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why does boarding a docked ship make you abort hyperspace?
Should this be reported to the Bug Base?

Year 10 Day 198, 23:02 Your ship exited hyperspace at (13, 6) in deep space (-56, -6).
4 Year 10 Day 195, 23:24 Your ship stopped travelling at (13, 6).

I'd didn't choose to abort hyperspace. I didn't get any XPs for the amount of time I was in hyperspace before the trip was aborted somehow. Also I'm still assigned as pilot of the Bayo I'm in. No one else is in the ship that's active as well. Any thoughts?

Luckly I'm still alive. lol

Edited By: Arkondrius Ray`Dur on Year 10 Day 203 14:45

Deny deny deny.
Year 10 Day 203 13:27
Did you board something docked on your ship?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 203 13:30
Yes I did. So really, how close was I to dying?

Year 10 Day 203 13:42
Well, that explains the abort. As for dying aborting, it's really a fairly low chance. But people have done it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 203 13:44
Thanks for clearing that up. So boarding a ship that's docked inside a hyperspaced vessle is a bad idea.

Why does it abort you from hyper when you board a docked ship? Please explain.

Deny deny deny.
Because there is nobody at the controls of the ship you're flying. There's a nice big warning about it on the Position screen. You can also avoid it with a pilot droid. Should be details in the rules.

Geno Krall

Because someone needs to actually pilot the ship, or it will abort.

It is a bug if you didn't get any XP for it, though. Assuming you actually traveled out of where you had started.

Yeah I was in hyperspace for about 3 days. But thanks for the info. I would of been SO mad at myself if I would of died. And I would killed an innocent inactive as well. I'mma newb.

Anyway...should I report this for the fact that I didn't get XP for the time I traveled before the abort?

Deny deny deny.