181 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:15:48

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Dead charactor's asset moving?
Year 10 Day 217 20:19
Hrrm... a wild thought struck me, and I'm wondering if it breaks the IC/OOC barrier. Can you assign a person to your stuff, and then, if you die, tell them who you want them to go to? Or would you have to do that while alive?

C8KQxSP.png

"My phone autocorrects your name to ham bazooka, I thought you should know."
--Syn
Year 10 Day 217 21:24
You really should do it while still alive. They are also under absolutely no obligation to do it.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 218 4:29
Deleted Post
Deleted by Syn. Reason: wrong answer again.
Year 10 Day 218 6:29
No, I mean that I have a friend, and he thinks there is a chance he will die. So he assigns me some of his larger entities, and then after he dies, tells me where to send them.

I'm just wondering if that is aloud.

If that is what you said Hal, I'm sorry.

C8KQxSP.png

--Syn
Year 10 Day 218 6:35
Even if this was against the rules, there would be no way to enforce it. Much like the law that says you can't text while driving. I'm not saying it's okay to break rules because it isn't, I'm just saying that there really is no way they would ever know.

However, I don't think this is really against the rules anyway.

Besides, if he sent it to you, and then died, why would he suddenly want it to be sent to someone else? Why would he just send it to someone else in the first place?

Year 10 Day 218 6:55
There is nothing in rules saying he can't send to another player/faction. However if Han is given the assets. He can not give it back to his friend after respawning..or both will get banned.

2vwe91c.jpg
Year 10 Day 218 10:53
Foop, the will restriction is about CODING wills. We already have coded rules about what happens to assets on death, so if you assign things appropriately, then you can effectively get a will be careful manipulation of the rules. (And I don't mean manipulation in a bad way.)

There is nothing to stop you from asking someone who inherited a ship to pass it on to another CURRENT character. Obviously we all know it's illegal to receive it back with your recreate. There's also nothing to stop them from completely ignoring you. It would be better to have them agree to pass it on before you died, if you thought you were going to be at risk, but as Foop says it's unenforceable, and I don't think anyone would even want to try. Of course, even if you get them to agree while you're alive, they can STILL completely ignore you when you die and keep the ship. It's up to them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 218 11:14
OK! Thanks Hal! And Foop! And Trance!

C8KQxSP.png

--Syn
Year 10 Day 218 11:38
If you think you're going to die, why not just assign the stuff to the people you want it to go to?

squallsig

And From A Darkness I Descend
Clenching A Torch Of Sweet Revenge