Year

Day

Time

06:52:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 10 Day 229 12:47
My pickup is in orbit around me, and i found a service which enables you to get into an orbiting ship, but it doesn't seem to work

plz can u advise me

Year 10 Day 229 12:49
The ship needs to have you set as either Commander or Pilot (or owner), not simply on the crewlist. If your pick-up sets this up, you should be able to use the service.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 229 18:26
And you're not trying to use one of these NPCs that are outside an NPC starport are you? Just in case that is the problem.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 230 10:32
Firstly, yes it is one which is outside a NPC transport and secondly i have asked my pik up to put me as a commander or pilot.

Whats the problem with it being a NPC outside a NPC Spaceport

Year 10 Day 230 19:42
If its outside, it will not be owned by the admins, and so will not work. You need one that is not owned by a player to work, and these are all inside the starport as far as I know.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 230 21:18
Ellias, you're thinking of the NPC Transport npc. I believe Mohit is trying to use the Shuttle-to-Orbit NPC, which can be found outside the spaceport. Though, I don't know if that NPC-srevice is implemented, or not.

Year 10 Day 230 21:35
It certainly should be implemented, as far as I am aware.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 230 23:56
Yes, I know which one he meant. Though I haven't used it myself, I'm sure I've seen others post similar questions and those that responded seemed to imply that the NPC in question needed to be NPC controlled, and these were only inside the NPC starport.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 231 1:06
NPC Transport is inside the spaceport.. shuttle to orbit NPC is outside. So in this case, the outdoor NPC is the correct one. And yes, it should still be functioning properly, so most likely the ship has just not yet been assigned, or is not located at the planet.

swcforumsig

Year 10 Day 232 1:58
thank you for ur help, i appreciate it

Year 10 Day 234 10:05
i am now the pilot of the pickup and its still not working, whats wrong now

Year 10 Day 234 11:23
Is it actually in orbit? Can you acquire the ship ID so we can check it out? (Go to your ship inventory -> piloted ships, and hover over the checkbox beside the ship to see the ID)

swcforumsig

Year 10 Day 234 12:02
It could be that the planetary shield is interfering with the operation of the NPC shuttle service. I haven't tested it, and nobody I've asked has been able to tell me if it works or not.

Year 10 Day 234 12:26
Shields aren't supposed to block NPC shuttles. If there's a shield blocking you, it's a bug.

Year 10 Day 234 19:03
Shields don't block NPC Transports. This is not that service. This is the shuttle to orbit. Shut up and pay attention, Bromley.

Year 10 Day 235 4:54
this is the details:
ID# 754
Name: AST Morningtide Sparrow

Commander: None

Pilot: Mohit Intech

Year 10 Day 235 8:22
Looks like the ship is in the atmosphere.

swcforumsig

Year 10 Day 236 0:34
what could be wrong then???

Year 10 Day 236 0:40
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

That it's....in atmosphere. Transport to orbit is transport to orbit.

Year 10 Day 236 2:45
You have three layers around a planet: Ground (where you are), Atmosphere/Low Orbit (where you ship is), and Orbit, which is where you can see the entire system and is where your ship should be.

Ellias_sig6.png
Page 1 2