Year

Day

Time

02:16:48

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Questions about unpowered facilities and planetary ER
I (finally, thank God) have managed to build an empty city slab and I'm planning to build a city, but I have some questions to ask first:

If a facility is unpowered, it's as if it isn't there (doesn't affect ER, crime, etc.) right?If one city has a high ER, and another on the same planet has a low ER, do they cancel each other out and both act as if they have a balanced ER?

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

-right? No, wrong.
-It's a planetary statistic. So yeah, if you have two cities on opposite ends of the spectrum then they cancel each other out.

How does an unpowered facility effect morale, crime, and ER then?
I'm pretty sure the rules say that unpowered facilities effecting morale and crime isn't yet implemented. So that's wrong now?

They don't NEGATIVELY affect crime/morale. They affect them normally the same way a powered facility would.

Once upon a time when power went by city, unpowered cities had negative effects on stats. Since changing to the facility system, this has not been updated.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Ok, so it's the same as it was powered?

Also, how does it affect ER? If it's unpowered, does the ER act as if it wasn't there?

No. Being unpowered currently really only affects if it generates income and counts towards planetary control.

You can't screw up your ER and magically fix it by unpowering some facilities. You have to build more to adjust it back.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Ok, that's what I wanted to know, thanks!