Day

Time

18:47:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Ascending/descending speed
Year 10 Day 245 22:46
I didnt know where to post this, so i just decided this was better than nothing. Why is it that all ships regardless of speed have the same descend/ascend speed? I can understand in cities, since they restricted to 200k's... but why is it that a gallo goes the same speed as a yt-1300? if there is no reason, i believe it should be changed, especially since smaller faster ships, usually end up descending/ascending more than a big ship.

FF_Krios_Sig.png

Krios Malana
Director Falleen Naval Contracts
Year 10 Day 245 23:16
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

The only possible way this will ever be changed is by making slower ships slower. So for my sanity, I hope they don't.

Year 10 Day 246 1:45
Kendall Holm

I think it is because of the Delayed time thing and has something to do for the Future.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 246 12:42
I believe the correct answer to the question of Why, is that it is so much easier to code.
Done.

Year 10 Day 246 12:57
Christopher Eagles

Theres no need, also most ships would be restricted to a descent speed on a flight pattern like when approaching coruscant, plus theres always the problem of not going to fast because of re-entry temps. (They'd risk burning up)

Well at least thats one excuse for it, though it is better from a gameplay perspecitive for now, it may change later (much later...)

Edited By: Christopher Eagles on Year 10 Day 246 12:58

sig-brown.png

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

"Every town needs a hero. [walks down a street towards sunset] Every tow
Year 10 Day 246 13:39
Kendall Holm

That is what I was thinking as well ... but people get kinda pissy when using real world situations

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 10 Day 246 14:21
I for one would like to see the ascent/descent times significantly reduced. From a gameplay perspective there is nothing more annoying than having spent a week in hyperspace, another 3 to 6 hours in sublight and then finally 4 more hours going down then coming back up from planetside.

I understand the arguements for coding, time delays, flight patterns, etc. but at what point does it get cumbersome from a gameplay standpoint?

Edited By: Than Mander on Year 10 Day 246 14:22

Persecutors of the innocent shall be destroyed!
Year 10 Day 246 17:07
Consider it from a combat standpoint. If you attack something on the ground, or are otherwise trying to escape from a planet surface, is it in any way reasonable for you to be out of the gravity well and jumping into hyper before the defenders have logged on to see your attack?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 247 4:00
Now that's the best answer I've heard on this subject.

Agreed then...it is important to give the other party in a combat situation the chance to respond before the attacker can get away.

Persecutors of the innocent shall be destroyed!