Year

Day

Time

20:37:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 6 Day 304 11:12
I'm reporting a bug I saw in one of the various templates while I was creating my character and thought I could earn some CPs from this.

Here's the link: http://rules.swcombine.com/character/charactercreation/index.php?page=1&template=12

Under the Science skills, the Repairing Computer\/Droid skill... I think there's supposed to be only one slash (/).

Thanks.

ADDED: I'm not seeing pictures. For example I'm not seeing certain squares on my city map.

ADDED: When I tried to 'view [the] image', I was sent to this paged http://images.swcombine.com/facilities/basement_2.gif
Before it said like error on darkness_GreyBIG or something because I set my interface to the big grey so now it's just normal grey and, while there are images that are now showing that weren't before, the same squares on the city map are still not showing.

Edited By: John Marcus on Year 6 Day 304 11:35

"The most ineffecient way of spending money is on personal comfort."
Year 6 Day 304 17:54
I landed my ship in Corellia, Saigetopia (7,6) with a ground position of (1,4) but know it wont let me go to (1,4) to get in my ship. can someone help?

-Jorrak Tyrel

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/cpete/tyrel1.gif[img/]
Year 6 Day 304 18:59
Waida post in my thread with something totally unrelevant ;O

Another bug I found, when trying to create a faction you will see for production (droids, weapons, etc.) it shows that they only get a research center and nothing else... I think they get more, right? [http://www.swcombine.com/members/faction/index.php?mode=createFaction1]

Year 6 Day 304 20:22
John,
1/ I've pointed Toggy this way. Togs: Can you make the char template skill section fully DB generated? getAllSkillInfos() should suffice

2/ Can you take a screenshot of the page where the images aren't showing please?

3/ The list of what faction types get what can be found here: http://rules.swcombine.com/factions/factioncreation/. On the create faction link you gave I see the same info as given on the faction creation rules link.

Jorrak,
Fixed

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 305 3:39
Ok, updated the page to use the Skill Infos.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 6 Day 305 9:12
Salacious Raab

Ok, this is relevent, well in part!

As far as images not showing, thats been happening to me, everywhere. Even the little 'icon' I just clicked to make this post was a placeholder. Infact the only icon I can see anywhere in these forums is the Locked symbol next to some topics. The problem is spread throughout darkness for me.

Yes, im happy to take screen shots if you want
Yes I have full cookies enabled/cleared caches/reloaded, etc

Using XP and Firefox 1.0.7

Sal

snake.gif
Year 6 Day 305 12:02
Hmm, can you check wether you've set a path for a custom image folder? If so then that'd be the problem. Can you also check the path to the images that aren't loading?

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 6 Day 305 14:02
This is the link to the city zoomed view: http://www.swcombine.com/members/character/position/CharFrameGround.php

I think it's a power generator on the bottom right of the map with little squares of images that aren't showing up.

For the faction thing, I don't know but I just don't see it there. It shows just like the research facility and that's it. No ships, vehicles, etc.

J.M.

ADDED: While I'm asking questions, I'm curious how many banners can we have per website? Can we have like 2/page in a website so like if we have 4 banners on two pages we get 20,000 or what's like the extent of that? Also what apps do you use to make'em? I've seen it done different ways and I'm just curious which way is the 'easiest'?

Edited By: John Marcus on Year 6 Day 305 20:07

Year 6 Day 305 18:58
Deleted Post
Deleted by John Marcus. Reason: Just something weird that had to be refreshed
Year 6 Day 305 23:31
Salacious,
Seems there were some images missing for the big version of the grey skin. I've added the missing ones so it should be fine now.

John,
1/ Can you take a screenshot of the city please?

2/ Production factions don't get any ships/vehicles/droids/etc at creation. Only facilities and stations.

3/ 1 banner per site. I'm not much into making comp graphics but I use Jasc Animation Shop when I need to work with animations.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 306 5:26
I could e-mail it to you. I can't upload it to a website for a week.

Year 6 Day 306 5:43
oki

khan@swcombine.com

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 306 9:14
Sent.

Year 6 Day 306 23:23
ahh see what yer mean, fixed.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 307 6:38
Salacious Raab

ohh Khan you are the absolute dogs bollocks mate!!!

everything beautiful and totally fixed, cant see an placeholder anywhere

thankyou, Sal

snake.gif
Year 6 Day 307 6:44
lol, no worries.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 307 12:43
Two more things before I forget them.

1. On that same screenshot I e-mailed you (Corellia city map) I'm getting lots of blue things that kind of distinctly look like targeting crosshairs. Are they a new update? Are they supposed to be there?

2. More of a technicality, if an interdictor ship or a ship with gravity wells pull you out of hyperspace, are you just as capable of hitting a sun as if you'd aborted a hyperspace jump?

J.M.

Year 6 Day 307 22:44
1/ Were the blue crosshair things visible on the screenshot you sent? If so could you resend it please?

2/ Dropping out of hyper as a result of an artificial gravity well acts more like dropping out of hyper at the end of a journey than the system used by aborting hyper. So you'd be pulled out along the edge of the system as if you had intended to arrive there, instead of having the checks for collision done like when you abort hyper.

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 309 11:23
I'll send the new Corellia screenshot to you as well as the screenshot for another error I found. I'll explain in more detail in the e-mail.

Year 6 Day 310 0:25
oki

Kids these days!
Year 6 Day 311 21:04
On the new Nav Comp screen, if you scroll down to view the galaxies toward the bottom, the allignmentw ith the mouse gets screwed up. Like you have to scroll all the way up for the allignment with the mouse match those galaxies on the map... try it out and you'll see what I mean.

J.M.

Page 1 2