255 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:51:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 262 11:57
Just wondering what the reasoning is that systems don't go uncontrolled?

The rules stat for system & sector control that:

"System and sector control is calculated based on planetary population. The faction to control the largest planetary populations in the system will be listed as system government. The same rule applies to sector control. The faction controling the largest planetary populations within the sector will be listed as sector government."
"Note
In order to control a system, a faction does not need to control 50% of the system population. If more inhabited planets in the system are uncontrolled, faction controlling lower populated planets will be listed as system government. "

Just wondering why sectors and planets can be uncontrolled but systems are always controlled? I ask as I notice Lorrad (http://rules.swcombine.com/?Galaxy_Map&systemID=1026) the planet in the system of the same name went uncontrolled yet the system (as per the rules) remains controlled.

Eidolon QuarterMaster of the planet Nal Koska

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 10 Day 262 12:03
Sectors don't go uncontrolled either. The faction with the largest total population always controls the sector, irrelevant of the 50% mark.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 262 13:41
Right you are Hal, just wondering what the reasoning for this is?

Eidolon QuarterMaster of the planet Nal Koska

mystats.php?uid=c2963
Year 10 Day 262 13:52
I'd guess because space is not like a planet. You don't get people rioting/revolting/whatever in the middle of open space. The group with the most influence in a system/sector controls it. Period. It doesn't matter to deep space whether you powered your last set of flats or not.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.