Year

Day

Time

20:06:18

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 295 13:36
Dom Ecclipse

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't had much experience in the way of shipyards.

What is the difference between shipyards 1,2,3, and 4? Are the types of ships restricted on certain shipyards or is speed somehow effected?

I'm looking into having a faction build me a shipyard but first I need to figure out what features differ between the different models. Thanks to all who help me out.

Director of Credence
Dom Ecclipse
Year 10 Day 295 13:41
The Major difference is the size of the ship you are building. Smaller SY's such as SY's 1 and 2 will not build bigger ships like L-500's. It all depends on the length of the ship you want to produce.

zioxsiggy2.png\"
Year 10 Day 295 14:01
I always thought a SY 2 could build a ship up too 600M.

Year 10 Day 295 14:06
The rules tell you what the maximum and minimum lengths are.

Year 10 Day 295 14:06
All ships may be built in shipyard space stations (see Stations Rules) if the ship is the length of the station or smaller (doesn't apply to stations 3km or larger). Factories and factory stations are limited to ships less than 80 metres in length. All Boats and Submarines are produced in Naval Shipyard facilities. All medical items are produced in Labs or Medical Factory Stations. All other ships, vehicles, items, weapons and droids are produced in factories or factory stations.

- Production Rules

Bold added for emphasis.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 295 15:13
Then I am correct.

Year 10 Day 295 15:34
You may wish to review the length of a SY2, Skeltsco.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 295 16:27
Dom Ecclipse

So for example I could build a YV-666 in a shipyard 1 because shipyard 1 is 350m and the YV is 200 and something?

Director of Credence
Dom Ecclipse
Year 10 Day 295 16:40
Correct.

Year 10 Day 295 20:06
Right just as a SY2 is 1K meters, anything under 600M can be built.

Year 10 Day 295 20:35
Yes, and it can also build those with lengths between 600 and 1000m.

Year 10 Day 295 21:04
Yes, but there is not many in the 650-1K range, most are over the 1K mark. But public DC's are for 600M or less ships anyways.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 10 Day 295 22:21
I can see why you associate it with 600m, but the IC availability of DCs does not alter the capability of the station.

I guess depending how you look at it, we're both right.

Oh, but you forgot the Lictor, at a little over 700, which is only partly restricted. ;)

Year 10 Day 295 22:56
Yes, the lictor was in mind. :)

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.