Day

Time

03:59:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Production Space Stations
Year 10 Day 299 23:37
As far as I can tell, several space stations *Mostly the shipyard series* Have Production Series, but only the X7 can produce regular items and such.

Can someone comfirm this for me is all I ask? That ONLY th X7 can produce Items, and the regular ship yards can not? *It will help with my eveuntal planning to Buy one of said stations for my own use*

Edited By: Matthew Armada on Year 10 Day 299 23:42

Matthew 'Kamikazi' Armada
My Centerpoint Market Listings - http://market.centrepointstation.com/browse.php?user=c292
Year 10 Day 300 0:49
Yes, that is correct. Factories (feacilities) can also produce items.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 10 Day 300 12:33
According to the rules, the X7 is a multi production station, meaning whom ever the managing faction is, it can produce. aka ships(fighters only), items,weapons.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 10 Day 300 13:03
Thank you. I guess this leads me into one more question.

Is there a Size Limit on what the X7 can produce? Meaning can it make ships of up to a certon size but No bigger *For Example, X-wing = Yes, YT-1300 = No* Or Vehicle Limits? *Speederbike = Yes, AT-AT = No*.

I AM assuming their Is one *You yourself State Fighters Only*, I just cant seem to find any actaul Hard listing of said Numbers or limits......

EDIT:Nevermind...I just looked in the production rules, and saw the first section, CLEARLY POINTING OUT the Production Limits. Odd I dident think to look there before...

While I have your Attention However, Im going to ask One more question.

Say i want to build a Space station. In the system Im going to build it at, there is already A spacestation I own, loaded with all the materials I need.

Can i build this new station next to the old one, with the Resources for the new ones construction being pulled from the old station, or do the Resources have to be in a freighter on the tile the new station is going to occupy?

Sorry for annoying you with my constant questions, but I swear I look through the rules before asking..Im likley just to zoned from my cold meds to notice the answers.

Edited By: Matthew Armada on Year 10 Day 300 13:13

My Centerpoint Market Listings - http://market.centrepointstation.com/browse.php?user=c292
Year 10 Day 300 13:31
To my understanding (and I researched a bit a while back myself) an X7 functions exactly like a factory in space. So all the normal factory rules apply to it.

As for the construction question, the rules do specify that RMs need to be in the same square. I have not tested to verify.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 300 15:08
True Hal..the X7 is a floating Factory, should have phrased it just like that. Also to the other question, I did test this. And indeed you need to be square for square for SS's.

Recruiter for Black Nebula Engineering.
Year 10 Day 300 15:32
Which means I will need to rent a Ship to build the thing...Nuts.

ANyway, thanks for your answers. This clears up a lot of questions I had. Good to know theres always helpful folk In a community.

Year 10 Day 307 10:24
Gideon Stargazer

The X7 can use Mats from another Space Station in the system. We use a TS2 in the same system to store our Mats in and draw from it much like a Warehouse or a Hanger is used on land.

It can produce any Ship up to 80m long.

Beware though, the X7 description is deceptive, as it describes a Station with four bays to produce in. This not the case. It is has the same capacity as a land based Factory. Making it a very costly alternative to a single facility.

<a href=Photobucket
Year 10 Day 307 10:25
I thought stations only drew mats from adjacent stations? Or can the X7 draw from any station in the system?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 10 Day 307 10:35
Gideon Stargazer

Ah, sorry for the ambiguous wording. Those X7s and SYs are clustered around a TS2 so all I can say with certainty is "adjacent station".

<a href=Photobucket
Year 10 Day 307 10:41
*nods* I do believe that's mentioned for all production stations in the rules.

Year 10 Day 307 13:43
So is it "any ship" under 80m
or just fighters, which all are under 80m

Year 10 Day 307 14:39
The Rules are that ^ way.

Year 10 Day 307 15:24
Why thank you Hal for so kindly pointing out that SWC has rules.

In other news since said rules are notoriously unreliably worded since this is a game in progress, it says ships under 80m can be produced, but is that any ship or only fighters?
Please note that I'm not asking what the Rules say because they are never the end-all be-all of the Combine, but what people have done? Anyone cranked out a Freighter in one before?
Wasn't a question worth all these extra words but hey, gotta appease the Hal

Year 10 Day 307 16:37
As has been said, X7 stations work exactly like factories. Anything you can do in a factory, you can do in a X7. Which part of "under 80m" don't you understand?

Year 10 Day 307 19:19
Indeed, any ship under 80m - it doesn't say, anyship under 80m so long as its a fighter. If you got a capital that was under 80m, you could build it there.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 308 2:25
Extra question

Adjacent Space stations - the 4 Compass point Adjacents, or all 8 squares [Compass points + Diagonal] Adjacents?

[Yes, I checked the rules before asking, was wondering if someone had practical experience regarding it, like Gideon]

000607_Osten.png

Year 10 Day 308 13:31
All 8 points Charles.

- Proud member of Khan's "people to have dragged round back and shot" list.
- A. Stille, in compliance with US federal law.