Year

Day

Time

07:41:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 306 5:24
Jimmy Speed

Hi im looking for a list of markets. I saw one at the Centrepoint market but wasnt sure if they were markets or something else.
a link would be much appreciated.
thankyou

Year 10 Day 306 11:00
The one at Centrepoint is a list of locations you can access the NPC market (which is usually stripped pretty bare) from. What kind of list exactly are you looking for?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 10 Day 307 1:54
Jimmy Speed

well it doesnt have to be a list really, am just looking for other markets.
Im only new so havn't travelled far yet, i figured there must be other markets around aside from Centrepoint.
Im sure ive overlooked something which wouldav pointed me in the right direction.

Year 10 Day 307 7:29
Hmm, let's see if this answers your question:

There are 3 methods of commerce in SWC.
1 - The NPC Shop system, present in most race starting cities that sells a very basic selection of items to new characters.
2 - The NPC Market system, accessed through specific facilities, sells the assets of dead characters and dissolved factions. Due to the pricing system, it is considerably lower than the player market, and is generally empty.
3 - The main source of trading in SWC is from other players and factions. There are the Commerce boards on the RPG Centre, a couple of IRC trading rooms, the Classifieds, and the Centrepoint Marketplace (CPM). There used to be other sites similar to CPM, but due to CPM popularity, and the exclusive nature of the market sites, they seem to have fallen out of use. All CPM actually does is make the process of finding a buyer for your goods easier and more convenient, it does not actually handle any of the other parts of the Trading process like makeover and payments.

Be wary of thieves/scammers - check out the Trader's Lounge on the RPG Centre for some good threads on how to avoid them. You might also reference the Guide - linked at the top of every page - which I believe has a section on Trading (in the FAQ if nothing else).

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.