205 are online

Year

Day

Time

21:44:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 308 14:35
While I know that the skills can be upgraded in the game, how much can the race and race skills contribute to actual game play? Any advice would be appreciated.

Year 10 Day 308 18:03
They basically give you free skill points in those skills. Its pretty much the only way to get a maxed out skill level at the beginning as otherwise you are 1 short of the skill points you need.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 10 Day 309 0:48
Also keep in mind that combat and R&D are still being worked on and haven't been released yet. So if you are planning on being some sort of researcher or perhaps someone who needs combat skills you may want to consider holding off on spending too much skill points on those skills at first. I'm not saying not to prepare but you might want to add points to skills you can used at first. That being said it won't hurt you to add points to the non/semi-implemented skills.

Edit: A good idea is to get in touch with someone in a faction you wish to join before you create your char. Still choose your handle and everything but don't assign points and spawn. More than likely they'll help guide you through the process and give you suggestions on what skills will help you with your job.

Edited By: Randy Nightwalker on Year 10 Day 309 0:51

Crow_Sig_2.png

Centrepoint Listings: http://market.centrepointstation.com/browse.php?user=c1399
Year 10 Day 309 10:19
Please allow me to offer a contradictory viewpoint to what Randy just said:
You will NEVER have the amount of points available at character creation again through normal gameplay. If you do not get the high-level skills you ultimately want by getting them at the start, you might well never be able to afford them later. I always advise people to design their character as if the game were complete, and use points gained through levelling to tweak the character to existing/developing features.

Year 10 Day 309 17:34
Gabriel af Templar

Keep in mind that items and droids might provide boost in skills. If you´re FS then some boosts in skills is inevitable. A skill level of 3 would be good to start out with if you´ve got a long term plan. (To get to skill level 5 without boosts you need 11 more points, thats level 12 on your character).

The suggestion that you should get high-level skills at the start, is the faction talking, They want to make use of you to the fullest at day one, not year 2, since they pay your salery.

Year 10 Day 309 17:49
The suggestion that you should get high-level skills at the start, is the faction talking, They want to make use of you to the fullest at day one, not year 2, since they pay your salery. 

It doesn't do a faction any good to have someone with level 5 R&D skills on Day 1. It does them more good to have someone who focused entirely on currently usable skills. It's better for the character to plan ahead for what they really want to do.

Year 10 Day 309 18:33
Gabriel af Templar

True. Do you accept me as a member then, or is it something else to consider?

Starfighter-Freighter Piloting - 4
Leadership - 4
----
R&D Ships - 4
Repairing Ships - 4

Year 10 Day 309 18:56
And whats wrong with those skills there Gabriel?

Year 10 Day 309 19:40
Gabriel af Templar

I´m not active enough. Activicy would be more useful to a faction than character skill levels. Apparently that is not the case.