193 are online

Year

Day

Time

21:50:03

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » My name is Dionaea Kuat and I have been banned for calling Seele fat.
I just asked a simple question and he replied with arrogance and disdain. Of course, if you treat people like crap, you can\'t expect them to treat you with respect in return.

Now, if I had called him a \"f***ing bastard, i\'m gonna kill your mother n00b!\". But I just said he was fat.

If people were banned from the combine for offending admins OOC, half of us would be out of the game for calling Dreighton incompetent!

Session Start: Sun Oct 04 18:52:05 2009
Session Ident: Seele
01[18:52] Dionaea_Kuat> Hello
[18:52] Seele> Hi
01[18:52] Dionaea_Kuat> I have just sent you a DM.
01[18:52] Dionaea_Kuat> Again, I am not complaining, nor I\'d like him renamed. I\'d just like to know if in the future, I could deny people from being named Kuat.
[18:53] Seele> No you can\'t.
01[18:53] Dionaea_Kuat> Why not?
[18:53] Seele> Because it\'s not a uniquely distinguished name.
01[18:53] Dionaea_Kuat> What?
01[18:54] Dionaea_Kuat> So everyone could be named Fett, even if Beuba was against it?
[18:55] Seele> What makes you think that you (or even Beuba) have control over the entire Kuat/Fett name?
01[18:55] Dionaea_Kuat> Or Djo, for that matter, since that was also not unique and appeared in the movies.
01[18:55] Dionaea_Kuat> I mean comics or something.
[18:55] Seele> Especially when Beuba wasn\'t even the first Fett in the game?
01[18:55] Dionaea_Kuat> >_>
01[18:56] Dionaea_Kuat> What rules did he break anyway?
[18:56] Seele> Myn Donos is the actual name of a SW character.
[18:57] Seele> So tell me...
[18:57] Seele> What makes you think that you\'re the head of the Kuat family?
01[18:57] Dionaea_Kuat> I am the first Kuat?
[18:58] Seele> What makes you think that?
01[18:58] Dionaea_Kuat> Who has been named Kuat?
[18:58] Seele> There are more than just you an Myn.
01[18:59] Dionaea_Kuat> There are Kuatis, but none of them is named Kuat.
[18:59] Seele> I think a lot of players have got the wrong idea regarding the whole \"family name\" issue.
06[18:59] * Seele shakes his head.
01[18:59] Dionaea_Kuat> And what is that?
[18:59] Seele> 7 characters on and you still think you know absolutely everything.
01[19:00] Dionaea_Kuat> Excuse me?
[19:00] Seele> You thought you were the only Kuat. You are wrong in that thought.
[19:00] Seele> Myn isn\'t the second Kuat.
01[19:00] Dionaea_Kuat> And what does it matter that I\'ve had 7 characters?
[19:01] Seele> It means you\'ve been around long enough that you shouldn\'t be so silly as to think you know every handle in the game.
01[19:01] Dionaea_Kuat> I am just asking politely, who has been named Kuat before.
[19:01] Seele> And I\'m not going to release that information.
[19:02] Seele> Just like I\'m not going to tell you who owns what ships, or whether a certain facility exists in the galaxy.
01[19:02] Dionaea_Kuat> Right.
[19:02] Seele> Suffice to say, you can rest assured you and Myn aren\'t the only ones out there with the name Kuat.
[19:03] Seele> Nor were you the first.
01[19:03] Dionaea_Kuat> Fine. Then why weren\'t we required permission from the first Kuat?
[19:04] Seele> Probably an oversight, or potentially another Admin who understands the handle rules a little more clearly.
01[19:05] Dionaea_Kuat> Oh, ok.
[19:05] Seele> We should probably just get rid of the poorly worded and misinterpreted rule regarding family names.
01[19:05] Dionaea_Kuat> We should.
[19:05] Seele> But in the meantime, bigger fish to fry.
01[19:06] Dionaea_Kuat> Right.
01[19:08] Dionaea_Kuat> Thank you Magnificent Seele, Master of the Known Universe. It was a pleasure to be bathed by your infinite knowledge and wisdom. I hope this conversation served to get your daily ego-boost from SWC. You are probably fat IRL. 

Seele has banned Dionaea Kuat for the following reason: calling me fat IRL.

01[19:16] Dionaea_Kuat> What is this, China? I\'ve been banned from calling you fat?
[19:17] Seele> No, not for just calling me fat.
01[19:17] Dionaea_Kuat> For what then?
[19:17] Seele> Because I\'ll be the first one to tell you I am fat IRL.
01[19:18] Dionaea_Kuat> Why have I been banned?
[19:18] Seele> It was for your intentionally and explicit attempt to make fun of an Admin for an OOC physical trait.
01[19:18] So?
[19:18] Seele> It\'s called harrassment.
[19:19] Seele> And I\'m not putting up with it just because you\'re indignant you weren\'t the first character in the game with the name \"Kuat\".
01[19:20] Dionaea_Kuat> I can call you fat if I want too, there\'s no rule against that. It\'s like banning someone from calling an admin incompetent.
[19:20] Seele> Actually, there IS a rule against that.
[19:20] Seele> And it\'s not that you called me fat, it was your intent in calling me fat.
01[19:21] Dionaea_Kuat> I can\'t believe this.
01[19:21] Dionaea_Kuat> People offend each other always in the forums, regularly, and OOCly.
01[19:21] Dionaea_Kuat> You are just mad because I hurt your ego.
[19:21] Seele> You didn\'t actually.
[19:23] Seele> Unknown to you I\'ve run three businesses, been in charge of over 400 people, spent 4yrs with the military where I received commendations for my competence and ability to command intelligently, and you somehow think that being an Admin in a volunteer online star wars game is what my ego is safely cradled in?
01[19:24] Dionaea_Kuat> You certainly behave like it.
[19:26] Seele> No, I just have a very low threshold for attitudes like yours. You came to me upset that someone had been given a name you assumed you controlled, when the fact of the matter was you had your facts wrong.
[19:26] Seele> And then when that was pointed out to you rather bluntly, you make an OOC comment, explicitly for the purpose of trying to insult and hurt an Administrator of this game.
01[19:27] Dionaea_Kuat> No, I didn\'t come upset. I was just asking if in the future, I would be able to deny people from being named Kuat. II explicitly told you I didn\'t have any issues with him being named Kuat, because actually Myn and I had discussed it before and we agreed he is my father IRL.
01[19:27] Dionaea_Kuat> IC I mean
Session Close: Sun Oct 04 19:39:36 2009 

Now, I\'d like to know how much time I will be banned for offending Seele so much. I\'ve been slapped in the hand, and I\'ve learned my lesson. I will not offend Seele ever again.

I'm not commenting on Seele's behaviour, but just for the record there is only one other Kuat player - Sullust Kuat. At least of characters alive.

Can I keep people from stealing the name Bromley? Has that name been used before?

Don't worry Seele, if you say no, I won't call you fat. PhillipBromleySmiley1-1.png

Seele

whether someone is competent or not does have to do with their ability to perform their job. Whether someone is fat or not has absolutely no bearing on their ability to do the job, their personality, or even the conversation we had. It was simply an attack for the sake of an attack that was explicitly designed to hurt, and Admins simply don't have to put up with that kind of crap.

E-mail me an apology for what you said, and you'll be unbanned.

I will not apologize to you. You were the one that started with the arrogance and petulance.

[18:59] Seele> 7 characters on and you still think you know absolutely everything.
01[19:00] Dionaea_Kuat> Excuse me?
[19:00] Seele> You thought you were the only Kuat. You are wrong in that thought.
[19:00] Seele> Myn isn't the second Kuat.
01[19:00] Dionaea_Kuat> And what does it matter that I've had 7 characters?
[19:01] Seele> It means you've been around long enough that you shouldn't be so silly as to think you know every handle in the game.
01[19:01] Dionaea_Kuat> I am just asking politely, who has been named Kuat before. 

whether someonehas had 7 characters or more does not make him less or more versed in SWC rules. Whether someone has had 7 or more characters or is silly enough to think he knows every handle in the game should have absolutely no bearing on your ability to do your job, and to complete it politely and without the need to patronize or belittle someone who asked you something.

Yours was simply an attack for the sake of an attack that was explicitly designed to hurt, and players simply don't have to put up with that kind of crap.

Gabriel af Templar

What happeds if both of you are right?

Vito Royan

Batty boy

Getting a blunt reply because you waste a team members time/catch them in a bad mood doesn't entitle you to throw insults around. It doesn't matter if you call him fat, or you call him a goat-raping pedophile, the principle is the same.

It's not your place to tell Seele how to do his job.

But you're right about one thing - you don't have to put up with it: You can leave.

Billtz Jarromael

The entire situation is ridiculous.

*glances at thread, shakes head and leaves.*

Am I correct in assuming that namecalling on IRC resulted in an ban from SWC?

Because it not only seems excessive, but an abuse of power. If Joe Noob called Ken Newguy a wiener, he would complain to the IRC mod and the worst case scenario is Joe would get banned from IRC.

In my opinion, both sides are acting inappropriately.

Aye. I agree. Miss Dionaea, I suggest you just apologize. While you were both in the wrong, he is the one holding the power... It'll be much easier to simply apologize.

Fine. I apologize. I recognize I did wrong and I shouldn't have called Seele fat. He is not fat.

Eric Jackson

Christ. Grow up. Both of you.