199 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:06:50

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 10 Day 324 13:19
I would like to be a Falleen, but I'd also like the possilbility of becoming force sensitive. Are there any players who are Falleen and have become force sensitive?

Year 10 Day 324 13:29
It doesn't matter if anyone ELSE has become force sensitive, your odds are still as low as they can get at 1% cumulative per 5 levels increased. (6, 11, 16...)
(besides Hutts and Toyarians, which have no odds)

So you'll have a 1% chance, then 2% chance, then 3% chance.
Most people don't get above level 20 so really don't count on becoming force sensistive as a Falleen.

But since there are 100+ players as Falleen, the odds say yes, probably 2, 3, 4 are force sensitive?

Year 10 Day 324 13:37
It goes 1%, 1.5% at 6, and 2% at 11.

But yea there are it's all luck pretty much, if you want to be Falleen do it and if you get FS great...if not oh well.

Year 10 Day 324 20:21
Yes actually this has been bothering me all day. I realized what I posted was wrong but SWC was never up when I was around to fix my obvious mistake

The Falleen 1% is just a % to add into the equation (which gets you the numbers Mephiston posted I assume, never ran them for 1% before), much like the prospecting terrain %. Just because rock is 10% doesn't mean you've got a 10% chance.

Year 10 Day 324 23:04
Kuro Neko

Meph is right

It goes 1%, 1.5% at 6, and 2% at 11.

- Mephiston Leonatos

but if you are starting out you may want to consider the cumulative probability of being FS by some given level, which is (for Falleen) 1% at start, 2.5% at 6, 4.4% at 11, 6.8% at 16. [Assuming I read the rules correctly]

Year 10 Day 325 0:08
Not really Kuro. The force sensitivity roll runs at those levels, but the chance is only equal to those Meph posted. If you failed at lvl 1, its still only going to be a 1.5% chance at lvl 6 - Its not like there are 100 'balls' in the roll, you fail the 1% so 1 ball is removed and so the next roll will be at a higher percentage, but of a smaller number of balls. If you get what I mean.

It doesn't take into account that you failed before, it just runs the chances based on your new chance.

So to answer your question guest, yes it is possible, but chances are very low, like everyone else. Don't plan for it, just be pleasantly suprised if you are.

Year 10 Day 325 1:16
Kuro Neko

Ellias,

My reading of the rules is that, say, if you were never tested at start, then when you are tested at level 6, your chance of being FS in the database is the current test probability, or you could already be FS from start. (I`m assuming the test runs in the database regardless of being tested, but the result is not know until testing.)

To be FS by level 6 is to be either FS at start (1%) or, not FS at start (99%) and FS at level 6 check (1.5%) = 99%*1.5% , giving a total of just under 2.5%

This however, is very good advice:

Don`t plan for it, just be pleasantly suprised if you are.

- Ellias Aubec

Edited By: Kuro Neko on Year 10 Day 325 1:16
Year 10 Day 325 1:27
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

"To be FS by level 6 is to be either FS at start (1%) or, not FS at start (99%) and FS at level 6 check (1.5%) = 99%*1.5% , giving a total of just under 2.5%"

No, it just means you get a completely new 'roll' at level six against that 1.5% chance.

The 'already from the start' thing only means that you won't accidentally lose your force sensitivity if you happened to be flagged at lvl 1 and didn't get tested before the probability recalculation.

Year 10 Day 325 8:55
No, as strange as Kuro's math is, he's kind of right. If you are NOT tested before level 6, then AT level 6 your chances of being FS are the chances of being FS at level 1 AND the chances of being FS at level 6. It's a Schrodinger's Cat kind of thing. If you don't get tested, you're both FS and not. It doesn't change the actual probability according to the rules/DB, but it alters your chances at a given test if you missed the previous one.

Year 10 Day 325 9:43
Kuro Neko

Another way to think of it is like this.

What if there were 1,000 Falleen starting out. How many would be FS by level 6?

At start 1% would be, that is 10 Falleen.

At level 6, the 990 who were not FS would have 1.5% chance to be FS, so that`s another 14.85 Falleen becoming FS. So by level 6 there would be 24.85 FS Falleen out of 1,000 or just less than 2.5%.

Now, who can tell me which door the goat is behind?

Year 10 Day 326 20:15
Rayos Saree

Becoming FS isnt all that important right now. If i am correct not all the powers are fully implemented. Even if you do become FS, you are going to be constantly harrassed by the Sith and Jedi factions until you join one of them. Plus you wont really worry about it. Most of the time you will have all your focus and credits and trading.

"The only way to find out if your FS is through a FS player. Usually its a high level sith or jedi and if you are FS they might even arrest/kidnap you if you say no. And then if you still say no you might get executed and lose everything. Its best to keep to your self about being FS and dont care about it or have someone you trust test you." Excerpt from a FS User's Blog

Kuro the goat is behind the door next to GE's Emperor's uncle's second cousin's aunt twice removed who got married on thursday, had 42 kids and now lives in a Cape Cod house in Idaho next to the Hobo living in the dumpster behind the seven eleven which happens to be a secret protal to the underworld otherwise known as CPM where traders charge 60x the price of an item that cost about 32,000 to make in order to buy an overpriced frighter in Trax. The door is behind the Capital Ship behind the Freighter and the Door is customers only so you have to buy one of the ships to enter the door.
What do i win?

Year 10 Day 326 20:35
Becoming FS isnt all that important right now. If i am correct not all the powers are fully implemented. 

The powers aren't, but the rest of your assessment is wrong. If you wait until it's all implemented to bother getting tested, you'll have no training and no power to do anything with it.

Even if you do become FS, you are going to be constantly harrassed by the Sith and Jedi factions until you join one of them. 

Funny, that hasn't happened to me. I do more harassing of Jedi to defect to me, actually.

Plus you wont really worry about it. Most of the time you will have all your focus and credits and trading. 

Only if credits and trading are your focus already, which for many of us they aren't. If all you do in this game is make fake money in order to make more fake money, I pity you.

Year 10 Day 327 5:04
Hals right, I've never harassed someone to join the Jedi, what's the point?

Regardless of the numbers involved the best thing to do is choose the race you want to play your character, view being FS as a bonus if it happens, but it doesn't happen for the vast majority so you don't want to compromise your experience by being stuck with a race you don't really want because of a slightly higher chance of being FS.

Year 10 Day 327 10:07
I'd like to also voice my amusement at the Jedi/Sith harassing people to join them. I'm used to hearing comments about us being so elitist because we only allow certain people to join, FS or not.

Year 10 Day 327 11:16
Rayos Saree

Its not my opinions. I found it on a blog site from someone who plays the game. I havent had any experience with this yet but i feel most of my time is being spent on earnings not the Force.

Year 10 Day 327 17:20
I could make a blog and claim Rayos Saree is a transsexual cross dresser who frequents a brothel with both Vodo and Zeff. That doesn't make it true (or does it?!).

If you don't know from first hand knowledge, don't post in the Problem Centre claiming it's how things are.

Year 10 Day 327 17:36
Rayos Saree

Point taken (and no its not true.)

Edited By: Rayos Saree on Year 10 Day 327 17:38
Year 10 Day 329 4:37
Helena Gladio

Sure?

Year 10 Day 329 9:07
Rayos Saree

lol, Yes i am sure.