174 are online

Year

Day

Time

01:17:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » HELP!! Im drowning on messages and options and I dont know what do!
Ive been on the community for a few minutes. Went for a bite and logged off to see to my car.

I logged in again and see the IMMENSE request im picking from various factions/ business or whatever they are called.

Not only is very overwhelming to my eyes to look at so munch info, but im getting stumped on making choices when i barely know what a faction is. Im so lost and dont know anything about the game, not that munch at least to start making decisions into the future, please help.

I need guidance.

Have you taken a look at the Guide, linked at the top of each page?

A faction is a group within the Combine. You should choose one to join; most of the Combine's gameplay revolves around factions. Your faction will provide you with a ship, money, something to do, and people to play with. Joining a faction is essentially the first step, so decide what you'd like your character to do, and choose a faction accordingly.

There's a complete faction listing on the Faction link on the right menu, and each faction will have join instructions and information on their website. Some also choose to advertise on the Classifieds (also linked on the right menu) or in the RPG Centre, if you want to see specific faction offers.

Once you get started within your faction, you should be able to get a more clear grasp on SWC as a whole.

swcforumsig

Thanks for the inf, ive been waiting like half an hour for it, im going to get started right away!!! :D

Wasn't there a rule about spamming new members with DMs on joining a faction?

Also there is a delete button on DMs. Just delete and ignore. I myself would suggest going freelance, factions are for squares.

Year 11 Day 1 15:44
Deleted Post
Deleted by Syn. Reason: Be useful or be gone
Wasn't there a rule about spamming new members with DMs on joining a faction? 

No; recruiting by DMing new members is acceptable. I suppose it depends on how you mean "spamming" though. Sending repeated messages from a single faction to an extreme point would not be okay, but that generally is not the situation.

swcforumsig

Also there is a delete button on DMs. Just delete and ignore. I myself would suggest going freelance, factions are for squares.

- Rex Von Gloryington

Freelancing is extremely difficult for new people. You have no one to show you the ropes, you can't get a decent ship, needed items, etc.

Get a faction, Torin, and take your time to know the mechanics of the game. And try to enjoy it :)

The only thing to add would be that "the future
iz alwayz in motion" meaning, if you pick one faction
and it turnz out itz not for you... Just find another
one, eather way itz worth gather the XP at the very
least.