287 are online

Year

Day

Time

14:48:37

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 7 12:50
I have been picking up random items that are just lying around, but no matter what i do, i can only be a carrier, not an owner. Even when i unassign the quartermaster, it still says that they are not owned by me. I have no idea who owns them, frankly, i dont care. I want to own them however, can someone help me?

With each victory of the Light it is the Dark that wins.
Year 11 Day 7 12:56
Sim Karr

Last time I picked something up off the ground in RL is belonged to me...I think it would be realistic to have it be the same in SWC.

Year 11 Day 7 13:29
There was a fairly well developed and supported suggestion to this end a while ago, but it was chosen not to be implemented at this time. It may happen later. Generally the opinion is that forcibly seizing ownership of an asset is combat, although items are something of a unique case as you do not need to own them to be able to control who uses them.

Year 11 Day 7 17:49
All you theives just taking anything you want. As soon as combat comes out I am going to shoot every one I can find.

Now thats off my chest, you can't, at this point, take ownership of someones item(s) that is not your. You may, and most likely will, be able to do it in the future but not now. The thing is it is hard to protect stuff so it would really suck if people could just come up and take your junk with you being able to blast them.

A word of advice. Take it or leave it as they say. People can track down items that belong to them and if they are not forgiving they may slap a pair of stun cuffs on you and execute you. Just a friendly warning since the stuff you have can belong to anyone.

Year 11 Day 7 18:36
All you theives just taking anything you want. 

Thieves.

The thing is it is hard to protect stuff 

No, it's real easy. Put it on a personal ship/vehicle/facility. Give nobody access. Install blast doors if you want, and/or if you think you might let someone on.

if they are not forgiving they may slap a pair of stun cuffs on you and execute you. Just a friendly warning since the stuff you have can belong to anyone. 

Right, because it's that easy to arrest anyone you want at any time? Anyone who's been in the galaxy a couple of months can make themselves impossible to arrest, if they want to. It's a very simple thing to make it so that absolutely nobody can touch you. You have to expose yourself to danger.

Year 11 Day 7 20:24
I'm hanging around in the atmoshpere so i dont think i am likely to be arrested, anyway, how would they catch me?

nevertheless, it still annoys me. further, if i unassign the quartermaster, does anyone own it? it doesnt even show up as being in my inventory, only under the item tab does it show up that they exist.

i can make them reappear in my inventory by dropping them and picking them up, but there isnt much of a point to it.

Year 11 Day 7 21:03
Yes there is an owner - just carriers cannot see who it is. I'm suprised you can unassign the quartermaster though - thought you couldn't unassign above your grade as it were.

Obviously the owner keeps unassigning you as carrier, so they obviously don't want you with their stuff - have they not contacted you about it?

Year 11 Day 7 21:52
it only unassigns me as carrier when i unassign the quartermaster, and i dont think that they even know i have their stuff. I dont even know if the know they have stuff...

they havent contacted me thats for sure, although it isnt like the stuff is valuable.

Year 11 Day 7 21:57
Zero Turner

Often times "items" are the last of importance, but it's "when" we look for it, we can figure out who took the items and they will be contacted more often then not. Though some items can be "valuable" such as environmental suits for certain planets or stun cuffs to "arrest/execute" people. Simply item's are easily "stolen" in the combine, though the owner can figure out who "stole" them or has them at hand.

Year 11 Day 8 18:38
Ah. If its something like knives, overalls etc that you picked up, most likely its some newbies items and they have no idea whats going on. If its something else then either they don't care, or they haven't noticed. Though they will get an event whenever you pick it up.

Year 11 Day 8 23:38
Or they already went inactive and don't care.

Year 11 Day 9 0:16
Sim Karr

Feeling a little bitter about having been grouped in the the "Thieves" category I would like to state that I have never stolen anything in combine!

Further more, I've gone out of my way in RL to always return what did not belong to me!