Day

Time

10:06:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 22 9:44
Helena Gladio

Some people are talking about the 'rumor' that current cp ships will be removed/replaced.

Is this true or....?

Year 11 Day 22 16:28
I'm not sure, but the last set of CP ships was replaced a while back. I'd think they'll wait a while before swapping out the current CP ships for another set.

If too many CP ships are made, then there'll be no left for R&D.

Year 11 Day 22 19:32
There are two possibilities:

1 - Someone with information leaked something to someone they shouldn't, and needs to be tracked down and slapped on the wrist.

2 - Someone started the rumour deliberately to drive up prices, probably because they're trying to sell them for a hefty profit.

Choose whichever one you want. I won't be paying retarded prices until something official is released.

Year 11 Day 22 20:31
Zero Turner

^As Hal said, it's most likely the bottom explanation. But you can't rule out the possibility of a leak.

The new CP ships were also released not long ago. I returned to activity around November 23, 2008, then about a month later the new CP ships were introduced... I recall that because I was going to get a 1210, but I was stuck in hyper when the new ships were brought in. It seems like they keep CP ships for 2-3 years before a new cycle is introduced, but they also announce it via Sim News a month or so prior to new CP ships being brought in.

Year 11 Day 23 12:26
Helena Gladio

Thanks both :)

Year 11 Day 34 4:22
Helena Gladio

So in reflection it was option 1 :/

And we, regular players, had no prior notice of the ship change.

Year 11 Day 37 8:16
I noticed the ships changed, but there are no new CP vehicles yet...

Year 11 Day 39 8:08
I'm wondering about that too, where'd all the CP vehicles go (well, I know that), but when/if will replacements be available?

Year 11 Day 39 8:20
I would guess that they are working on it. Unless they are slwoly phasing out the CP stuff - we lost teh CP droids with the CP stuff the generation before the last.

Year 11 Day 39 9:38
We didn't lose droids at all. There were 8 droids available for a short period for the Y8 anniversary. There have otherwise not been CP droids available. I actually had to have them turn on CP for droids in order to do the event.

Year 11 Day 39 13:54
CP ships, vehicles, etc. will change with or without notice from time to time. In order to bring you the best images from the Art Team, and the most comprehensive stats for the said entities it takes a while to pan it all out.

Year 11 Day 39 19:10
Ah. Didn't realise that it was a one time thing - would be nice to see CP droids again though.

Year 11 Day 39 19:51
Well, when I was looking at a short list of droids for that event I was given one rule by Veynom: No combat droids.

So while I can see a little room for a few interesting CP droids, if there are no combat droids among them I suspect they would have limited appeal.

Year 11 Day 40 13:27
What about pilot droids? Now that those have a purpose they could be appealing. I'd think having a CP droid with some sort of piloting skill would be good to have.

Year 11 Day 41 4:24
Hal: hundreds of none combat droids exchange ownership every month?
Also the 'non' usable ones like med droids.

People just want to collect or look at them.
Just a penny of my thoughts.

Year 11 Day 43 9:57
Acually..along time ago.. Y5-6? Power droids were a CP droid, so was cities. I remember that quite well.

Year 11 Day 43 13:48
Pre-Darkness many things were CP items. Including facilities.

Year 11 Day 43 14:26
While there were once droids on the CP list, they were removed before droids were implemented. Therefore I stand by my statement that the Y8 droids were the only ones ever available through the CP exchange.

Year 11 Day 46 6:24
Helena Gladio

So while I can see a little room for a few interesting CP droids, if there are no combat droids among them I suspect they would have limited appeal.

- Hal

HAL: hundreds of none combat droids exchange ownership every month?
Also the 'non' usable ones like med droids.

People just want to collect or look at them.

- Wilco

Therefore I stand by my statement that the Y8 droids were the only ones ever available through the CP exchange.

- Hal

Wilco responded to your remark that there was no appeal to new cp droids.

Year 11 Day 46 9:21
I wasn't responding to Wilco, but to Skelto-Weylin series of responses about having previously seen droids on the CP exchange.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Page 1 2