Year

Day

Time

19:56:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 11 Day 42 22:02
I seem to be getting logged out automatically very quickly since the last sync. Used to be it was good for about 2 hours from your last activity. Now if I go do something else for about 20 minutes it seems like I have to log in again. It's quite annoying.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 42 22:35
I'm having the same issue here.

Year 11 Day 42 22:41
Sim Karr

It has always logged me out if I'm away for around 30 minutes or more.

Year 11 Day 42 22:42
Yeah Hal, I'm getting the same issue.

Year 11 Day 42 22:49
I was going to start my own topic until I saw this...

Yeah, I hate being automatically logged out so much. I'm usually logged in, even when I'm not at the computer. I stay logged in to avoid having to type in my handle and password every time I want to check my DMs or hire Ewoks.

Please increase auto-log out time back to what it originally was, or maybe a little longer.

Year 11 Day 42 23:11
I think we switched from cookies to sessions, which may have shortened the amount of time you stay logged in.

If possible I would also enjoy the length being extended. =)

Year 11 Day 42 23:40
The session logout time is 24h

Year 11 Day 43 0:15
24 hours? Seems closer to 24 minutes to me.

Year 11 Day 43 0:18
Mr. Solo, kyria is afraid that it is a MUCH shorter time. She's been getting logged out before she's done with micro-jumps, those are from 18-21 minutes.

Year 11 Day 43 1:30
If this isn't going to be fixed, can I at least be added to the session exemption list?

Year 11 Day 43 1:37
I don't have the problem while on Chrome. Was having hell with it while on Firefox at my parents' earlier though.

Year 11 Day 43 3:03
I thought that the SWC administration was trying not to discriminate between browsers.

Can I please be added to the session exemption list?

Year 11 Day 43 3:05
Maybe firefox is just revealing itself to be a piece of junk ;D
It realizes Bromley supports it, so is mass suiciding!

Year 11 Day 43 3:21
Or maybe we should just switch back to cookies instead of sessions.

Year 11 Day 43 3:23
Zero Turner

I'm using Firefox... I think the Combine has a mind of its own and it's telling Bromley, "I control your sessions!"

Edit: I've had no issues ;)

Edited By: Zero Turner on Year 11 Day 43 3:23
Year 11 Day 43 4:37
Well, I've found a workaround: Get the Reload Every Firefox extension. Then whenever you leave the computer, set it to reload the page every five minutes or so. This also means you can see if you have new events at a glance, instead of having to refresh the page all the time.

Just make sure you don't forget to turn it off after you come back, it'd stink if it refreshed while you were typing out a long DM or forum post. But the Lazarus: Form Recovery Firefox extension can save the day if it happens by accident.

I pray that those who use any browser other than Firefox will one day see the light.
I think the Combine has a mind of its own and it's telling Bromley, "I control your sessions!"

- "Zero Turner"

Wasn't there some talk about IG-88 uploading his consciousness into the SWC server? This session issue hadn't happened before the last sync, he may have managed sabotage the patch!

Year 11 Day 43 7:40
There is no exemption list anymore.

You'll be logged out after 24h of inactivity or if you close your browser window (navigating away is fine, physically closing will delete the login cookie).

I just checked - coming back after 1.5h and I'm still logged in.

Year 11 Day 43 8:08
I can tell you it is not 24h due to me leaving my SWC open and my laptop on overnight and I was logged out when I woke up. That was maybe 6 hours but I doubt I was logged in that long because I have been getting kicked every 20 minutes too.

Year 11 Day 43 8:36
I pray that those who use any browser other than Firefox will one day see the light. 

I saw the light of Chrome back when Firefox decided to use 60% of my CPU by itself.

And don't get so defensive, Bromley. Just because something is one way in a certain browser and different in another doesn't mean we're discriminating against you.

Year 11 Day 43 11:15
Helena Gladio

Im logged out too. Or it looks like it. Because when i push the envelop or go to the fora im logged in again.

Page 1 2