Day

Time

19:43:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 11 Day 107 13:10
Te Verde

Hypothetically speaking,
that we buy a hot new ride, maybe an ISP-6 for instance?
and then we fly into the atmosphere through an unshielded spot to float around for a while.
and tragically, the spot unexpectedly becomes shielded, along with every other spot on the planet that was previously unshielded.
now that were effectively stranded because we can't descend down to the ground due to the shield, and we can't fly into hyperspace because the ISP-6 is a vehicle and not a ship... what can that stranded guy due to possibly get back on the ground?
i was wondering just in case i ever stumble across someone who gets stranded inside the atmosphere and possibly never make it back down again.

Year 11 Day 107 13:11
Someone with a hangar bay comes and you dock on board and fly off? Or you talk to the people owning the shield and get added to the access list?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 107 13:13
Te Verde

so if someone with a ship parks it on my spot, i can board it still inside my vehicle?

Year 11 Day 107 13:18
Ka`rla Leakey

If their ship is suitably equipped yes. Even if the ship cannot carry the vehicle, you can still pop from the vehicle onto the ship and depart. You will just have to sort out said vehicle later, unless its rented as that will sort itself out.

Year 11 Day 108 18:04
yes, you could jump on a ship, but it would be safer just to find out who owns the fraction the planet is owned by. good luck! well, theoretical good luck.....

Year 11 Day 108 19:05
it would be safer just to find out who owns the fraction the planet is owned by 

Not really. The person in charge can get hold of you on IRC, add you, thereby ensuring that you are starting the journey there and then, wait about 30 minutes, and remove your access again... thereby trapping you UNDER the shield, and making the previously-described rescue/retrieval measures impossible.

If you are a loyal member of your existing faction, getting picked up by one of their people should generally be safe enough. Alternatively, they might drop off a ship for your use rather than you boarding one flown by someone else (if you're really that paranoid).

And as a footnote, I'm always a little wary of people who confuse "faction" and "fraction", as it does definite harm to their credibility as it pertains to knowing what they're talking about.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 11 Day 110 20:13
hey..... accidentally typing a "r" and stupidity are not the same. I probably just hit both the F an R button at the same time while I was typing… I know they are called factions… but spell check on my computer doesn’t. :p

B.T.W. I was thinking he was going to try to hire some random person to take him away.... personaly I would never do that, as they could easily A/E me and take everything from me :p. Faction members on the other hand I would trust. :)

Edited By: Janos Bell on Year 11 Day 110 20:27
Year 11 Day 114 16:07
Te Verde

alright the problem's mostly solved

Year 11 Day 126 15:19
Bardan Nyad

just a word of advice,learned by me the hard way: don't ever board other peoples ships unless you trust them or you have absoloutley no other choice.